Disappointing Deco X20 — 200 Mbps on a 1GB fiber connection :(

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Disappointing Deco X20 — 200 Mbps on a 1GB fiber connection :(

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
24 Reply
Re:Disappointing Deco X20 — 200 Mbps on a 1GB fiber connection :(
2023-01-27 02:08:13

Yeah, @SpiderLANhonestly I feel like this is a pretty strong outcome: we have high ethernet throughput for the computers that need really fast connectivity (faster than they would get with wifi anyway) and we're getting solid wifi performance for everything else, with much better coverage than the Netgear provided. I'm in the process of shutting down the former and getting everything switched to the Deco. It would still be nice if the wireless AX devices could get high throughput numbers — maybe that's forthcoming — but I'll take strong household coverage for now.

Options
2023-01-31 22:03:38 - last edited 2023-01-31 22:04:19

Checking in here, @Riley_S — is the engineering team back?

Options
2023-01-31 23:56:18

@Whitfield,

I did receive some initial troubleshooting steps from them regarding this thread. However, I do not have a beta firmware to provide for these devices.

They say that the wired speed should have been fixed in the Deco X20(US)_V2_1.1.4 Build 20221115 firmware update

given that you have already updated and are still seeing the behavior, they recommend changing these settings to try and determine a cause:

Set QoS to Fair Mode,

Remove Any Devices that Were Given High Priority Through the QoS settings.

Turn off Any Parental Control Features on the Network, 

Disable the Antivirus Function on the network.

Disable UPnP for the Network

After this, see if the wired speed of the connection remains at 200mbps. If any of these settings were the cause, I can report this directly to our engineering team. If the speed issues persist, the engineers would like to know if setting one of the satellite decos as the main node will cause the speed to increase.

Options
2023-02-01 05:41:11

Hey, @Riley_S, I was about to respond that much of what you passed along was moot for the time being (my Deco X20 ver. US2.6 doesn't want to update beyond 1.1.3, etc.), but weirdly I am suddenly getting real speeds when plugged in! Definitely nothing has changed in my network, but I'm hitting 800-1000 Mbps now. What's more, at the moment I'm consistently getting stronger wifi speeds as well — ~370-400 Mbps. Still a far cry from the speeds I assume that an 802.11ax computer should be getting with this router, but better than I was ever getting with the Netgear.

Sooo... I guess I'm good? :)

Options

Tags

Speed
Related Articles