Deco X20 Access Point Mode Questions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-11 12:58:42 - last edited 2020-06-13 13:00:59
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm interested in purchasing the X20 3 pack for my home. I already have a Firewall/Router that provides NAT Policies, VPN, Anti-Virus, and Content Filtering. I have no need for another router. I would like to operate all 3 units in AP mode, with each getting is wired connection directley from the Firewall/Router.

• If all 3 units are in AP mode, do all units need to be manually configured seperatly or does one unit still act as the primary and push settings to the others?
  • If all 3 units are in AP mode, each with a direct connecton to the Firewall/Router, does MESH still work?
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco X20 Access Point Mode Questions-Solution
2020-06-11 20:02:02 - last edited 2020-06-13 13:00:59

@HellBent 

All of the Deco nodes will share the configurations automatically so whatever you set in the app will sync between all nodes. In AP Mode the mesh features will still be available, and you will be able to wire each Deco node directly to the main router.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco X20 Access Point Mode Questions-Solution
2020-06-11 20:02:02 - last edited 2020-06-13 13:00:59

@HellBent 

All of the Deco nodes will share the configurations automatically so whatever you set in the app will sync between all nodes. In AP Mode the mesh features will still be available, and you will be able to wire each Deco node directly to the main router.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1593

Replies: 1

Related Articles