How can I change channels without access to the web portal?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-06 01:23:40
Tags: #powerline
Model: TL-WPA8630 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.2.3.32-00_801002_170307_902

The web portal cannot find the powerline extender, but I am able to connect via the utility. Unfortunately the utility doesn't seem to offer control over the channels selection. How do I change them?

Options
2 Reply
Re:How can I change channels without access to the web portal?
2023-03-07 00:54:14

@icashootnstar,

I believe that this must be configured from the web interface, but I am not 100% positive as I have not used the utility before.

I know that for Range Extenders, some users have difficulties accessing the web interface after the device is configured, due to it having an IP range outside the range of the DHCP server. If you can connect a PC to the extender via Ethernet, the web interface should be seen using the web addresses in this FAQ. From what it looks like though, the utility should let you into the settings in the management console.

If you still cannot connect, you can set a separate SSID and connect a device wirelessly to that specific SSID to access the interface.

Options
Re:How can I change channels without access to the web portal?
2023-03-07 02:33:39

@Riley_S 

Thanks for the attempt, but I can't connect at all via a web portal no matter what SSID is assigned.

I can connect via the desktop utility to any of the SSIDs. But if the option to change channels exists anywhere in the app, it is well hidden.

Options