Why won’t my 3ds XL connect to my WiFi extender?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-19 05:14:20
Tags: #Assistance
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build

Hello, I'm relatively new here but hopefully someone could help me with this issue. I had recently bought a WiFi extender to help put more coverage in my house in areas where there is low bars. So far it's been working perfectly and has been connecting to most of my devices, except for my 3ds XL for some reason.

I've already made a connection for the extender in my 3ds, but for some reason it never fully connects itself to the internet when it's clearly getting bars. I tried looking at videos and through Google to see if anything might help, but so far so haven't found anything. I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me with this problem and give me some advice on how to fix it. Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Why won’t my 3ds XL connect to my WiFi extender?
2023-03-20 18:08:21

@LadyQinn,

Have you been able to verify that the other devices connected through the Wi-Fi extender are able to connect to the internet, not just to the network?

Did you have an IP reservation or Static IP set previously? If so, you may need to delete these for the device to connect properly.

If you are using the extender in RE mode, you may try enabling the proxy mode on the RE as this would better translate the 3ds's MAC Address.

Options