Votes

Guest Network w/ PiHole

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Guest Network w/ PiHole

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Guest Network w/ PiHole
Guest Network w/ PiHole
2023-03-28 00:41:44 - last edited 2023-03-29 21:38:36

Hit a brick wall. I'm using PiHole on another device as my sole DNS. Guest network devices can't see each other, which means they can't see PiHole. I would think that guest network devices would see the ISPs DNS, but they probably are attempting to see the local DNS through PiHole and being denied access to the device, hence no Internet.

There's no option to configure DHCP for the main network and the guest network independently, so I'm stuck. I can use the ISPs DNS for everything, tracking and ads and all, and service all users (main network and guests), or I can use PiHole for the main network and lock out all guests from using the internet at all.

Also, there's no way to disable isolation for the guest network, so it's very all or none as described above. It would be nice to have some additional options with the guest network configuration.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Guest Network w/ PiHole
2023-03-29 21:38:07 - last edited 2023-03-29 21:38:21

@toobers,

I actually just fed this feedback along with some additional isolation options to our developers last week; I will definitely add your case as it makes sense and transfer this to our feature requests. It is worth noting that there are two places in the Deco app to change the DNS server for either the LAN or WAN. Unfortunately, I do not have enough experience with configuring a local DNS server, so you may double-check that these are configured for what you want.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 436

Replies: 1

Voters 3