Battery life

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Battery life

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Battery life
Battery life
2023-03-31 06:06:24 - last edited 2023-03-31 18:10:10
Model: Tapo RV10Lite  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.6

The website states up to 3 hours battery life. This was one of the reasons I was drawn to the device.

I have been testing it our all day today and there are a few things I noticed:

1) when the device starts at 100% charge it lasts for about one hour.

2) during the cleaning cycle, once the device reaches 20% charge it returns to the charging station and recharges but only to 80% before it continues the cleaning cycle. 

3) on the subsequent parts of the cleaning cycle the device only lasts ~40-45 minutes depending if it does mostly hardwood or carpet

Below is the layout and roughly the paths it took. Basically it covered the outside perimeters of each room but most of them not the center or under tables and chairs. Also during the run it covered the same areas at least 2 or 3 times. The whole area is ~140m2 and with the 2 runs according to the app it covered 65m2

1bbd6fdbd68648a78388fbc84bfe77cf

Mike Technology enthusiast. Geek
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Battery life-Solution
2023-03-31 16:40:34 - last edited 2023-03-31 18:10:10

@mkostersitz,

What Cleaning Mode do you have the vacuum set to? Under the max performance mode, you should expect to see a drastic decrease in battery life due to how much extra effort the vacuum puts into extracting debris and hair from the carpet. 

I would recommend setting the vacuum to Quiet Cleaning and setting it to run more often. Under the Quiet Mode cleaning operation, you will see a much much higher battery life per cycle, and the maximum mode is really meant for deep cleaning areas.

The battery is only recharged to 80% when recharging the vacuum because, as with all Lithium Ion batteries, the last 20% of the battery takes significantly more time to charge. I did pass the feedback along to our team that it may be worth looking into having the vacuum charge to a higher percentage when the cleaning mode is set to maximum so that it will return less often.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Battery life-Solution
2023-03-31 16:40:34 - last edited 2023-03-31 18:10:10

@mkostersitz,

What Cleaning Mode do you have the vacuum set to? Under the max performance mode, you should expect to see a drastic decrease in battery life due to how much extra effort the vacuum puts into extracting debris and hair from the carpet. 

I would recommend setting the vacuum to Quiet Cleaning and setting it to run more often. Under the Quiet Mode cleaning operation, you will see a much much higher battery life per cycle, and the maximum mode is really meant for deep cleaning areas.

The battery is only recharged to 80% when recharging the vacuum because, as with all Lithium Ion batteries, the last 20% of the battery takes significantly more time to charge. I did pass the feedback along to our team that it may be worth looking into having the vacuum charge to a higher percentage when the cleaning mode is set to maximum so that it will return less often.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Battery life
2023-03-31 18:04:02

@Riley_S Hi Riley, appreciate the detailed reply. Thank you. That makes sense. I had it set to turbo mode not the max mode. Will tune that back to Quiet mode and see if that is as efficient in cleaning the hair of 3 dogs, otherwise I would have to possible deal with the frequent recharges.

Mike

Mike Technology enthusiast. Geek
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 381

Replies: 2

Related Articles