Archer AX6000 V1 WiFi for 2.4Ghz keeps dropping with Firmware 20221208

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX6000 V1 WiFi for 2.4Ghz keeps dropping with Firmware 20221208

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
18 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 V1 WiFi for 2.4Ghz keeps dropping with Firmware 20221208
2023-04-27 18:11:13

@Golding I have a WiFi Analyzer for Windows and I see nothing on Channel 6 which is what I have the router set to.

On Channel 1 I see my Fish Tank Dosing pump (which is a VERY weak signal and I have had it for years)

On Channel 11 is a Verizon Fios WiFi from a neighbors router.

Their is nothing else

Options
2023-04-29 23:21:42

@Kevin_Z I been trying to work with your Chat (and then switched to Email) support.

The email support is really bad! They do not read my emails completely and I am getting upset about this.

At the point I am about to give up on this router and buy the AX11000 from ASUS.

My router is about 2 weeks over the 3 year period (I guess this is now out of the warranty period).

I have explained to them several times that my problems started happening when I upgraded to the latest firmware.

The last email I got from TP-Link was to tell me that their Firmware does not break the routers and that my router broke from being used. I am not sure how someone OVER USES a WiFi router when all you do is plug it in and connect to it. The router is in a dry area that is always cool (around 68 degrees) and its a large room so it has PLENTY of ventilation.

My TIcket Number is

[TP-Link Support]-[TKID230419396]

Anyways, I have asked them several times now to please escalate my case to a supervisor and that if they can not figure out the issue then I want to RMA it. They are refusing to RMA it and saying it is out of warranty. I keep telling them that if you spend $300 on a WiFi router that it better last longer than 3 years. At that price I am better off renting the WiFi router from my cable company as they are cheaper (charges $5 a month), being sarcastic here but my point is valid.

Options
2023-04-30 12:07:38

@Lothos I'm still wondering about the 5:30 am symptom...  I'm not too clear on your connectivity so forgive any stupid questions.  This is about the time the sun starts coming up in Upstate NY.  How much data does your solar panel system exchange with the internet?  Was the solar panel part of your network connected and working correctly before the firmware upgrade?  Does the data exchange get triggered by the panels starting to generate electricity? Do your panels have a motor drive that kicks in at first light?  Do you have a 24 hour IP lease that needs to get renewed? What happens if you disconnect your solar panel system? I ended up putting all of my data-creating devices on static IPs.

In my system I upload video data from several cameras to a USB drive on the router. My system would grind to a halt every time a car drove by. I was triggering a bottleneck by having two cameras pointed toward the street and they were overloading the router by uploading video of the car at the same time. Nodes would lose connectivity during the delay. I ended up staggering the upload timing.

I was triggering a second bottleneck by using cron to time my uploads of data from my IOT data-creating devices.  I had five devices uploading data every ten minutes.  Everything worked great until I was able to synchronize times across the IOT devices. :) Then everything ground to a halt every 10 minutes.  This was not fun for the family.  I had to stagger those uploads as well.

If you're too frustrated to answer, I understand. Having all these devices here has been an education. There are several new settings in the new firmware and I'm wondering if any of them are going to trip me up at some unexpected moment.  Good luck.

Options
2023-04-30 12:20:34 - last edited 2023-04-30 12:35:16

@Golding thank you for trying to help, will address your questions by paragraph

Paragaph 1 - Solar Panesl use the 5Ghz band which is not having problems. It passes very litter data and is using the RE230 to transmit the data back to the router. The 5:30am time moved and is does not appear to be consistent. Today it started doing it at 7:00am. It does it randomly through the day. I believe the NAS is doing 24 hour assignments. I also have every device getting a specific IP Address from the DHCP NAS based on their MAC address.

Paragraph 2 - I only have a RING Camera and it is using the 5Ghz band

Paragraph 3 - I do not have any devices uploading large quantities of data

-----

I have some gueses as to what is going on. First I want to point out that the previous version of the Firmware WORKed. Unfortunately the TP-Link website says that with this Firmware upgrade I am not able to go back to the previous one which makes me nervous to even try.

So on to my guess as to what the problem is, I believe it is the quantity of devices I have connected to the router which may be causing this.

My home is a SMART HOME on stelroids!

I have about 65 devices connecting to the router. None of them do large quantities of data and most of the MUST connect to the 2.4Ghz band. So a break down of what I have

- 17 Light Switches (all use 2.4Ghz)
- 3 Plug Units  (all use 2.4Ghz)
- 8 Echo devices to communicate  (all use 5Ghz)
- Ring Pro  (uses 5Ghz)
- Thermastat (uses 2.4Ghz)
- 5 Rokus (max 2 are on at the same time)  (all use 5Ghz)
- 2 Roombs  (all use 5Ghz)
- Washer/Dryer  (all use 2.4Ghz)
- Solar Panels  (uses 5Ghz)
- 2 Cell Phones  (uses 5Ghz)
- 3 Computers (uses MOCA to RJ45 not WiFi)

I am thinking the new Firmware may not be able to handle the quantity of devices

I also attached a screenshot of all the WiFi devices in the area. Theire are NONT in the 5Ghz band but in the 2.4Ghz band you can see their are 2. Their is one device on channel 1 and another in channel 11 but mine is in channel 6. 

File:
ApplicationFrameHost_njkKzF1Von.pngDownload
Options
2023-04-30 13:10:41

@Lothos I'm a little worried that your present looks like my future.  Very similar network here with about 10 fewer devices directly connected to the AX6000.  We have two combined households so I have a subnet to hide some complexity from the AX6000, but my direct load on the AX6000 looks pretty similar to yours.  I am lighter on control, heavier on data.   Four raspberry pis.

I have IPTV/VLAN turned off.  IGMP Proxy disabled. IGMP Snooping enabled. Wireless Multicast Forwarding disabled.  OFDMA and Smart Connect ENABLED - I don't really understand what they do.  I have our Ring on the guest network (I don't trust it). WMM / Short GHI enabled. Isolation and Fairness disabled. Zero wait DFS enabled.

I have a Custom QOS enabled that reduces priority on chat.

Now that I get to it, I realize I have IPV6 TURNED OFF.  This had been a big deal on some of the raspberry pis.  I had to turn off IPV6 on them because they kept asking around trying to connect to IPV6 that wasn't there.  Turning off IPV6 was another step forward in my system reliability.

Nice channel map... I'm not so lucky here.  I live in an electromagnetic jungle.

I'm running 1.3.0 Build 20221208 rel.45145(5553)

Beyond this, I've got nuthin.  Good luck to you, and thanks for sharing your issues.

Options
2023-04-30 13:39:42

@Lothos Perhaps put QOS device priority on your RE230.  I had to put the same on my second tier router.

Options
2023-04-30 13:50:59

@Golding their is no option for QOS on the RE230. I have its WiFi turned off and just using it as a bridge to the Solar Panels so its not broadcasting anything.

Options
2023-05-04 22:34:07

@Kevin_Z 

NOTE: I made this same post in both threads I had going on for support.

Hi, sorry about this but TP-Link Chat/Phone support is horrendous after being gas lighted by their Support in telling me that the issues I am describing are about the router breaking and that their Firmware does not break things it makes them better. (Being repeatedly told this over and over again)

I GAVE UP!

I purchased an ASUS Rapture GT-AX11000 to replace it

Seems like all my problems are gone using the ASUS router both the 2.4Ghz band dropping constantly and the DHCP not working with the guest network when DHCP is turned off at the router.

Another thread I had opened

Guest Network does not work if DHCP is turned off on the router - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)

My tickets

[TP-Link Support]-[TKID230419396] CHAT I.D :  17113671 
[TP-Link Support]-[TKID230442837] [Forum ID 605672]

I really did not want to buy another router but I was left with no choice, look at this one [TP-Link Support]-[TKID230419396] CHAT I.D :  17113671 

You will see them repeatedly gas light me and tell me what I am reporting is not true as if I was hallucinating

I will keep the TP-Link RE230 until it breaks since its such a small device but I do not believe I will ever purchase a TP-Link product again.

NOTE: I even gave them my personal contact information and THEY NEVER CALLED ME!

Options
Related Articles