Extender loses Internet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-25 01:55:00
Model: RE550  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The extender is connected to the ISP router WiFi, but loses the Internet connection in the 2.4 Ghz band.  I am able to connect to the 5 Ghz band which has Internet.  I have in the past unplugged it for 30-60 minutes and retried the 2.4 Ghz band and it has Internet again.  Any advise (like a resolution...) would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extender loses Internet Connection
2023-04-26 22:23:41

@ScottMT,

I believe that there is a setting on some extenders when used in their normal mode that will reserve one of the bands for a high-speed connection, allowing a much better connection in terms of speed and latency.

Try Turning off the High-Speed Mode from your Extender Settings. From what you are describing you may have it set to automatically choose the bands and it is using the 2.4Ghz band for the "backhaul." 

Read More about the Feature in our FAQ: Configuring High-Speed Mode on Extenders

Otherwise, are you able to see the SSID of the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz network when they are separated?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 241

Replies: 1

Related Articles