Cannot connect RE505X to network with Tether or WPS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-06 21:03:35
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The extender is new.  I just bought it about 40 minutes ago.  I have it plugged in about 6 inches from Router.  When I try to connect by pressing the WPS button on router and extender, the WiFi button blinks slowly for a while, but never gets solid.  I downloaded the Tether app and tried to connect with it.  Tether searches for the extender device but cannot find anything.  So, right now this extender appears to be nothing but a brick with 2 electrical prongs and a button.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot connect RE505X to network with Tether or WPS
2023-05-08 23:11:30

Sorry to hear about the difficulties  @WolfRogue,

Are you able to see the SSID being broadcast by the device? This Range Extender should broadcast a default SSID which allows you to connect to it so that you may manually configure the device.

I would recommend factory resetting the device before attempting to set up the device, as this will ensure that you have a fresh start, and then you can see if the SSIDs are being broadcast in its factory default state. After that, try connecting directly to the broadcasted SSIDs and then using the Tether App for setup. 

Here is the FAQ for all of the setup methods: Range Extender Setup Help

Options
Re:Cannot connect RE505X to network with Tether or WPS
2023-05-08 23:23:47

@Riley_S No.  It showed nothing.  But, that is OK.  I took it back and exchanged it for a LinkSys.  I have that one setup and working, so it is all good.

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 2

Related Articles