RE450 and Tether App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE450 and Tether App

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
RE450 and Tether App
RE450 and Tether App
2023-05-08 23:52:49
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.20 Build 230213 Rel.55420n (7480)

I have been having this weird issue lately. I have two RE450 extenders connected to my network. They are in Onemesh mode with my Archer AX73 wireless router. When I use the Tether app to look at my RE450 devices they keep appearing and reappearing. It appears to have started after upgrading the firmware. My Archer AX73 appears every single time without any issues. Before upgrading the firmware I never encountered this issue before. I was able to see both extenders on the Tether app and make changes to it without any issues. Now the extenders appear and disappear. When I try to access them sometimes I am successful, however, it takes a very long time for them to load and show their settings. Sometimes I get disconnected and unable to change their settings. I have tried everything, even fully resetting my router and the extenders. Yet the problem persists. I have also tried all the different ways of connecting my extender to the network and so far have had no success. I even removed them from the OneMesh configuration and placed them as an AP, still the problem appears. How can two identical RE450 extenders have the same exact issue? It appears to have happened after upgrading their firmware. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE450 and Tether App
2023-05-10 19:27:15

@Sammy2023,

So after talking with our QA team there are a few things to check.

First, make sure that the two extenders are not trying to connect to each other.

Next, while it is less likely there will be any entries, check the logs of your AX73 for any warnings or errors.

You will most likely be able to find warnings or entries in the logs of your RE, so I would recommend trying to directly connect a PC to the REs with a wired connection and accessing the Web interface as this will provide a stable connection to make changes.

When you see problems occurring with the REs, what is the LED status of the lights on both Range Extenders?

Do both of the REs appear to be working and broadcasting and it is just the app glitching out? What happens with the clients that are connected to an RE.

Lastly, since it only just started happening, what firmware and hardware versions are both of the REs, and what is the firmware of your Archer AX73 - this way we can look to see what changes were made across all your devices.

Options
Re:RE450 and Tether App
2023-05-12 23:45:26

@Riley_S 

For now, I believe I have successfully resolved the issue. For your reference, here is the firmware information for both extenders and the wireless router: Both extenders have Firmware Version 1.0.20 Build 230213 Rel.55420n (7480), while the wireless router has Firmware Version 1.1.1 Build 20220902 rel.35548(4A50).

The solution involved disconnecting the wireless router from the tether application and adding the extenders first. After both extenders were added, I added the wireless router and it now appears to be functioning as it did prior to the firmware update on the extenders. However, upon reviewing the logs, I was unable to determine the root cause of this issue. It is possible that there was a glitch in the tether software.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 374

Replies: 2

Related Articles