TP Extender viewable outside home network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-17 01:16:05

quick question, my smart devices tied to my extender went offline and I connected to the TP-Link app from out of state and i didn't see the extender.  Can I only see it when i'm on my home wifi?

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Extender viewable outside home network
2023-05-17 18:07:45

@MikeInLasCruces,

You should have no problem viewing the extender, especially if it was already set up in the Tether App and visible. If the smart devices connected to it went offline, I would suspect that the RE became disconnected from your router for some reason.

While these are more in reference to if the RE is still operating but cannot be managed remotely, you may take a look at this FAQ: Tether APP fails to manage device remotely? as you cant tell for sure what the cause is. 

You may try configuring an IP reservation on your router for your extender so as to provide a guaranteed route for the RE to reconnect

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 192

Replies: 1

Related Articles