Kasa widget completely unuseable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-30 17:18:29
Model: KL130  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.11

All widgets from the Kasa app are completely unusable now. I've spent over 5 hours trying to fix this. I've uninstalled and reinstall both the app and widget. I've deleted all data and cache. I've deleted and re-added the devices. Nothing worked. When i try and use the on/off widget or the color preset widget, i either get an endless spinning circle animation or an "x" symbol. One odd thing to note is that everything works fine within the app. So now i am forced to have the app open to use any Kasa device, because again, any and all widgets on my homescreen are completely unusable. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Kasa widget completely unuseable
2023-08-01 08:08:55

@Char123 

Are you on Android or iOS system? What's the model and OS version of your phone?

The latest Kasa APP version is 3.3.400 on both platform, please ensure your APP is updated. 

Try to test the widget with another phone for comparison.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-01 10:26:12

@Wayne-TP 

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, running Android 13, and everything is up to date. The Kasa app version is 3.3.400. 
I did test it with my old phone (Galaxy S8) and it has the same problem. Also, sometimes i will get a notification within the Kasa app with a red wifi symbol that says "Network unstable. Please check your network connection." 
One other thing to note is that this happened after a thunder storm a few days ago, on Saturday, where the power went out for around 20 minutes. My wifi is still owrking with literally everything els though. The only thing that does not work is the Kasa widget. 

Options
2023-08-08 07:22:23

@Char123 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box later and confirm.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 3

Related Articles