Powerline extender wired to range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-01 20:17:47
Model: TL-WPA7617 KIT   RE715X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to get WI-FI to my pole barn. I tried the powerline extender by itself, but it said connected with out internet. I'm guessing that was too much powerline for the signal to travel through? I had a range extender in my garage for the ring doorbell, so I replaced it with the powerline extender and ran a 100ft. Ethernet cord to the range extender in the barn and got connected without internet again. I have both devices in access point mode. Is there a way I can make these devices work?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Powerline extender wired to range extender
2023-08-02 08:08:44

@AHendrix 

Hi, usually powerline extender should be working with a powerline adapter, may I know if you have only one powerline unit or two?

If possible, please draw a network topology to show how your network devices are connected including the main router.

Besides, the range extender is working fine with internet access, right? what about the LED status on your powerline extender?

Options
Re:Powerline extender wired to range extender
2023-08-02 10:33:23

@Sunshine 

Yes I have both powerline units.

My network map is: Fiber line to ISP modem (Calix brand) to ISP router (Calix) to powerline adapter to powerline receiver in the garage then 100ft. Ethernet cord to range extender in the barn.

Range extender was working in the garage before I replaced it with the powerline system. The powerline system is now working in the garage

All LEDs are on on both powerline units. Range extender has Wi-Fi LED off and all others on

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 284

Replies: 2

Related Articles