Poor download but good upload speeds

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-12 19:02:09
Model: TL-WPA7617 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8

I expect line issues because of the way this product works but I get a download speed of less than 1mbs and an upload speed of 10 or more mbs. This is opposite of the expected result. I have reset every device on the network. It does perform very well when plugged into an outlet in the same room. Also an expected result. I have updated the firmware as well. This is being used in a camper attached to the house circuit and it should be a go, no go application because of that but the devices see each other and connect so the poor download but decent upload speeds are baffling me. Upload in the house is only a couple mbs faster than the camper. Download in the house is 287 mbs vs the .9 or so in the camper while connecting to the tp-link. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Poor download but good upload speeds
2023-08-14 11:11:08

@Jimjam42 

Hi, since It does perform very well when plugged into an outlet in the same room, the issue should be related to the powerline environment after you moving it into the camper.

Please check the powerline rate between the two powerline units via tpPLC utility, if it is quite low, please refer to the instruction below to see if it can be better:

What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 1

Related Articles