Can not download needed applications using Samsung Galaxy

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-13 21:17:37
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: AC 1200

I can not get the tether application for my extender to download to my PC or deffinitely not to my phone. I go to google play, I select the app, it seemingly downloads followed by a message that reads it will download shortly, which means never!

I have a one year old Dell PC, and that should not be an issue. The issue seems to be Samsung, not my first but this one is only a couple months old, does not want you to use google play to download anything but they do not offer TP link products in their store.

I have connected my extender to my router by cable, I have tried to download over wifi, the light will flash for a couple minutes but in the end the same thing. I have no internet connection for my extender for my Ring devices. What I have is a pricey extender that I have never been able to use because I can not connect.  I can't even get the download to give it a try actually!

I know I am not the only person with a Samsung Galaxy phone, nor the only person who has had this happen with some divice or the other. Any suggestions on how to get my extender up and running? I am only slightly better than the average bear at doing stuff online, so hoping this isn't some convoluted solution that is way beyond my ability.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can not download needed applications using Samsung Galaxy
2023-09-14 00:32:33

@womack,

That shouldnt be a problem with Samsung, but actually, the Google Play Services that are installed on your phone in the background. You may be able to get the app store to cooperate with a simple restart of your phone - but you should look at the available updates in your phones settings, galaxy store, and google play store to ensure that your hardware and background services are all up to date.

Try downloading the app while on another network, or while connected to your mobile's cellular connection.

There are a few ways of configuring your extender, and I would highly recommend connecting your PC to the extender and completing the setup through the webui. You can do this wirelessly, but it has much more room for problems to crop up.

You might also consider using the WPS setup method if your router supports WPS setup for devices.

(As an FYI when the extender is connected over a cable, it actually is operating as an Access Point and not a Range Extender.)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 201

Replies: 1

Related Articles