EE 5g router not working with AV600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-16 06:11:19

Good Morning,

I am at the stage where I am going to chuck my AV600 powerline extenders out of the window.

Yesterday I upgraded our 4g Internet connection with a TP link router to 5g Internet with ee's own 5g router. Cue 6 hours of chaos where I have finally at midnight at last I managed to get the router to communicate through to the AV600s. The stage I have reached is the WiFi network is there but it is saying incorrect password. I have re- paired them with the TP link hub, I have cloned the network again with the WPS button, I have factory reset them and turned off and on the hub. It is still saying in correct password. I have even tried manually re-enter the network password it still says in correct. What is there left to try because I am at high desperation levels and the hulk levels of frustration. My wife cannot work and my response pager cannot update.

Options
1 Reply
Re:EE 5g router not working with AV600
2023-09-22 08:39:28

@Richard_Newman 

Hi, what is the model no. of your AV600 extenders? such as TL-WPA4220 etc.? And do you mean you are unable to connect the extender WiFi network with error message "incorrect password"?

Please note that after cloning wireless settings from your router, the extender will share the same WiFi network name and password, however, if it isn't cloned successfully, it will have its own network name and password, if you are not so sure, you could just reset the extender to factory defaults by holding reset hole for 10s, then just pair the powerline adapter and extender, don't clone the wireless settings from your router, then use the default TP-Link wireless network name and default wireless password to see if it connects fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 318

Replies: 1

Related Articles