Wi-Fi 6 Range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wi-Fi 6 Range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Wi-Fi 6 Range extender
Wi-Fi 6 Range extender
2023-09-19 18:39:46
Model: RE700X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When attempting to connect to my extended network, I received error message: IP configuration failed. Don't understand what that is or how to fix it. Extended shows all blue 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wi-Fi 6 Range extender
2023-09-20 23:43:15

Hey @Tdebrun,

A Few Questions to help understand where you are in the process:

• Do you have any other devices that you have successfully connected to the Range Extender?
  • Are you connecting to the Range Extender for the initial setup, or to connect a device for normal use?
  • Did you give the Range Extender's network the same name as your regular home network?

Try setting up a different device to connect to the Range Extender first, otherwise, you may consider resettting and reconfiguring the extender - it is possible that the extender and router did not properly communicate their settings in the first place.

(IP Settings relate to the addresses that your network gives your devices, normally in the form 192.168.XXX.XXX. These addresses are managed by the router and work to direct traffic throughout the network. Much like how the postal service uses house addresses to direct mail and forward mail to other homes)

Both devices do provide addresses: with the router providing the overall address, and the RE providing something similar to an apartment number; however, it is more likely that the cause is from the handshake between your device and Range Extender)

If you are trying the initial setup, I would recommend trying another connection/setup method such as WPS or a Wired Configuration through the WebUI

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 171

Replies: 1

Related Articles