Can't find Device.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't find Device.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Can't find Device.
Can't find Device.
2023-09-26 13:58:24
Model: HS103  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I plug the device into the wall socket.  The blue light comes on.  I begin to attempt to link into the unit. the lights toggle from Blue to Orange.  it never connects. I have tried 4 different devices and none appear to work.  The Router is only 10 ft away and I have a Cync device that had no problem linking in.  I have several WiFi signals in my house and I have tried all of them and the deviced never connect .

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't find Device.
2023-09-26 17:45:07

Hey  @GaryPB,

At what point in the setup does the process fail? What page are you given in the Kasa App?

If your phone cannot automatically connect to the wireless signal of the device, you will need to navigate to your phone settings and manually connect to the temporary setup network - you should then be able to return to the Kasa app to complete setup.

Please also ensure that you have disabled any VPNs on your phone.

I would also recommend performing a factory reset after a failed setup attempt, which can be achieved by holding the power button for 10sec (soft resets are performed by holding the button for 5 seconds, so please continue holding until the factory reset)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 322

Replies: 1

Related Articles