Range Extender will not hook up or pair up with my spectrum router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-28 17:22:39
Model: RE500X  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just pick this extender up from amazon went through the steps but it will not hook up to the wi-fi. I e-mail TP-Link for support they gave me several options. well sadly they did not work... The reason is after I looked into spectrum and my router the WSP botton does not work (not hooked up) spectrum said if the password on the extender is the same is should hook up or pair. I sign in with the same password works on here. so what can be done? I looked and read many posts Ihope to get this issue  fixed so I can use everything in the back room. so any one have the same issue?   Thanks 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range Extender will not hook up or pair up with my spectrum router
2023-09-28 21:03:29

Hey @snowowl43,

WSP Connections can always be a bit finicky to start with, but you may actually be able to start a WPS connection from within the spectrum's interface. But they are correct, our REs can be configured to work with any existing wireless network, they just need to use a method besides WPS.

If possible, try connecting a PC to the RE with an ethernet cable and configuring the RE through the web interface, as this is the most reliable method.

Otherwise, I would recommend using the Tether App to configure the Range Extender. 

If you are using the web interface, you can choose to login with your TP-Link ID, otherwise you will need to use the default login credentials("admin" for both).

When using either of the above methods, you will need to manually choose the Wi-Fi that you are looking to configure and what you would like the extended wi-fi to be called.

Where in the process were you having difficulties and how were you trying to configure the Range Extender?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3608

Replies: 1

Related Articles