Alarm auto on after power cycle, firmware bug and a couple suggestions.

2023-09-30 01:11:00 - last edited 2023-12-01 08:23:31
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.7

After a firmware update the C210 auto enables the 'Alarm' after a power cycle (unplugged, outage, etc...), every time I have to go into the app and re-disable it.

When I manually reboot the camera from the app the 'alarm' remains off. this occurs only and always after the power is disconnected to the camera.

This was never an issue until one of the recent firmware updates.

This is EXTREMELY annoying and frustrating as we use the camera to monitor someone with Alzheimers who is a severe fall risk. Having the alarm (on the camera) go off especially in the middle of the night when it detects motion (until I can once again re-disable the alarm) is completely unacceptable.

Aside from that the camera work quite well, phone notifications work as they should (which is important). Though the privacy mode could be improved so it blocks out the portion of the room rather than the portion of the screen. We had to disable motion tracking as when the camera moves so does the privacy area making it completely ineffective. Would be nice if the privacy area didn't move with the camera and allowed us to block out part of the room, especially where the TV is located.

But that is a relatively minor issue compared to this alarm issue. Will have to completely change out the camera is this alarm is not fixed ASAP.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Alarm auto on after power cycle, firmware bug and a couple suggestions.-Solution
2023-12-01 08:23:28 - last edited 2023-12-01 08:24:24

I have not experienced the alarm issue since another firmware update.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Alarm auto on after power cycle, firmware bug and a couple suggestions.
2023-10-05 17:01:44

Hey  @Otrip,

Thanks for reaching out with this, and I have already brought this to our team.

Does this happen each time the camera is disconnected in this way, or does it seem to only happen occasionally?

For now, you can try setting an alarm schedule to see if the camera will follow the schedule when it is rebooted. You can set schedules to exist on particular days and for extremely small durations which would help with the disruptions, especially to help limit the false alarm at night.

Options
Re:Alarm auto on after power cycle, firmware bug and a couple suggestions.-Solution
2023-12-01 08:23:28 - last edited 2023-12-01 08:24:24

I have not experienced the alarm issue since another firmware update.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 200

Replies: 2

Related Articles