Wireless Clients editable names not saving

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-03 01:29:19 - last edited 2023-10-03 22:43:48

Per the ? link on the Basic > Network Map page, we are supposed to be able to save custom names against the MAC addresses to make associating them with our devices more friendly.

However, any name I enter for a Wireless Client is not saved as is forgotten as soon as I switch to another part of the admin interface.

Steps to recreate the issue:

* Click the Basic tab

* Click Network Map

* Click Wireless Clients 

* Enter a new name for a client

* Click a blank spot on the page (there is no 'Save' button)

* At this point it's common to get the following error popup "Error code: 9003 Invalid value." with the only button being 'Yes'

* Regardless of whether you get the error or not, custom names are not saved.

How do I fix this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wireless Clients editable names not saving
2023-10-03 22:56:15

@SEFICO,

I would honestly recommend attempting to configure the Device names via the Tether App, which I believe has a straightforward process with a clear save function:

​​​​​​​https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2611/

I will forward this behavior to our team to see if there are any fixes or causes of the behavior that i can relay, but I did find one other user referencing this behavior from a while back and you may have the same behavior.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 260

Replies: 1

Related Articles