TP-Link AC1200 Dual Band Wi-Fi Extender - RE315

2023-11-23 20:37:21
Model: Range Extender  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Purchased TP-Link AC 1200 Mesh Dual Band Wi-Fi Extender - R315 today - no issue with setting it up but - unable to improve wifi strength to the Ring Door Bell 4 (Located to the back of the house).

The Front of the house, no issues at all with Ring Door Bell Plus (Located Front of House), Ring Chime Pro in entrance hallway and Stick up Cam in sitting room.

The Back of the house, however has been dead zone areas - Kitchen / Dining areas. Dissappointed had hoped that the back of house Ring Door Bell would work with the TP-Link AC1200 Mesh Dual Band Wifi Extender.

I connected it direct to home wifi and disconnected it off the Ring Chime Pro (WiFi Extender) which was extremely weak. Maybe I should have bought another Ring Chime Pro? I was recommended by friends and neighbours to buy TP Link AC1200 Mesh Dual Band Wifi Extender as this resolved their issues but they do not have Ring Door Bell products.

Has anyone had same/similiar issues? I dont want to return the TP Link AC 1200 Mesh Dual Band Wifi Extender to the store. I will call Ring Customer Services again and check if anyone there can help me connect Ring Door Bell 4 (Located at the Back of House) to the home wifi (with TP-Link AC1200 Mesh Dual Band Wifi Extender)

Hope some one can suggest another TP LInk Product? I am hoping to get rid of the dead zones in our home!

Options