Deco - please allow sharing of printer to Guest Network

2023-12-21 22:31:05
Tags: #Printer
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.6

I want to allow guests in my home, who are on my XE75's Guest network, to use my printer, which is on my main network.  I see no way to allow this in the Deco app software.  I searched the manual and the forums, and I see several other people with the same request, but they have been told there is no way to do it.  I don't want to reconfigure my printer to be on the Guest network only, because I use it regularly from my PC on the main network.  I was forced to have them use WiFi-direct from the printer, but this has limited range.  I also see in the documentation of mesh routers provided by other manufacturers that they do provide this type of capability, of sharing a printer from the main network (by specific IP address) to the guest network.  Please upgrade your software to allow sharing of printers with the Guest network.  You should be able to designate specific resources, including printers, to be available to the Guest network.  Your current capability is too limited and not competitive with the rest of the market.  Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 104

Replies: 0

Voters 1

Tags

Printer