Powerline Adapter Help

Powerline Adapter Help

Powerline Adapter Help
Powerline Adapter Help
2024-01-06 15:03:54 - last edited 2024-01-18 03:38:36
Model: TL-PA9020 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm considering the AV2000 pair for this situation, but have some questions. This is a new, finished construction home that unfortunately, doesn't have

any cable or Ethernet wire included in the walls. Currently, the ISP has installed a modem and WiFi 6 router in the basement.

I understand the basics of power-line adapters, my question is, if I get it to work on one branch can I install another pair on the other branch.

Currently, the router is sitting right next to the CB entry panel. This is a 2 story home. I also have a boxed mesh in storage.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Powerline Adapter Help-Solution
2024-01-18 02:28:40 - last edited 2024-01-18 03:38:36

@JMGotts 

Reading through this FAQ and judging by this statement:

"The HomePlug AV2 standard introduces new technology and features, allowing Powerline adapters to communicate as long as they are on the same main circuit (panel)."

I would assume that they would be able to communicate if they are on different "branches".

A bit earlier in the same FAQ:

"Q: Can several Powerline networks exist simultaneously in same power circuit?

A: Yes. The Powerline networks can be separated by different network names. About how to change the network name, it can be made by the pair button or attached Utility. However, the overall throughput is shared by the multiple networks, please be informed of this. Please refer to the FAQ 258 to change the Powerline network names."

Assuming that you could build a PLC network on different "branches" they could be on the same network.

I must say that I haven't tested that myself and can't confirm this assumption.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Powerline Adapter Help
2024-01-17 21:30:22

@JMGotts 

You should probably go through this thread to get an answer to your questions.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Powerline Adapter Help
2024-01-17 22:33:41

@JMGotts 

There's really nothing there answering the question. I see many references to "circuits," what I'm referring to is "branches."

in the US, entry panels have 2 branches of 120V from the 240V feed from the utility. If a PLA is installed on any circuit on 1 branch,

the other circuits on that branch (no matter what circuit they service) should carry the signal.

That said, if another PLA is installed on the other branch, the entire house would be serviced, any PLA could be placed throughout the home

and receive signal. Question is, can the branches be on the same network or do they have to be separate? 

Options
Re:Powerline Adapter Help-Solution
2024-01-18 02:28:40 - last edited 2024-01-18 03:38:36

@JMGotts 

Reading through this FAQ and judging by this statement:

"The HomePlug AV2 standard introduces new technology and features, allowing Powerline adapters to communicate as long as they are on the same main circuit (panel)."

I would assume that they would be able to communicate if they are on different "branches".

A bit earlier in the same FAQ:

"Q: Can several Powerline networks exist simultaneously in same power circuit?

A: Yes. The Powerline networks can be separated by different network names. About how to change the network name, it can be made by the pair button or attached Utility. However, the overall throughput is shared by the multiple networks, please be informed of this. Please refer to the FAQ 258 to change the Powerline network names."

Assuming that you could build a PLC network on different "branches" they could be on the same network.

I must say that I haven't tested that myself and can't confirm this assumption.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 3

Related Articles