How to apply Route Rules to Range Extender

2024-02-29 23:50:02
Model: RE315  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Good Evening. For my home internet, I have a Verizon Fios G3100. I have setup rules / profiles on that router so that my child's laptop and phone will have internet access only during certain times of the day. However, when my child connects to the Range Extender wifi, it seems those rules are not applied, as my child can continue using internet without any limits. 

If they connect back to the Verizon Fios wifi, the rules are in place. I really like the range extender, as it gives a tremendous boost in speed. I'm not sure though about the router rules. When I log into the Verizon Router, it shows as his devices offline, probably becuase those devices are connected to the range extender's wifi instead. Does the Range extender pass the MAC Address to the Router? Maybe that's what I need to attempt to do. 

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to apply Route Rules to Range Extender
2024-03-07 10:30:07

@captainm27 

If the RE is in proxy mode it could use a virtual MAC addresses and that could cause the outcome you've described.

Refer this FAQ for more details on that matter. If that's the case you could add these virtual MAC addresses in your main router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 110

Replies: 1

Related Articles