Votes

IP Reservation Amount Increase Request

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-10 04:25:36 - last edited 2024-03-10 21:21:36
Tags: #IP Reservations
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.9 Build 20231115 rel.37295(5553)

Good day to the TP Link Team,

I just switched over to the AXE75 / 5400 Router and have been pretty pleased with the immediate overall improvement I am seeing with my home network.  I am still exploring the features on the Tether App and the TP Link web interface, and am impressed with the options I am finding.

As part of setting up my home network, I like to identify all my devices with specific IP reservations, as it allows me to use set ranges for group types within my smart home, and also so I can more easily identify devices on my network that are not identified.

However, it seems that I am limited to 64 reservations (and, in reading some forum threads, some models are limited to 32).  I found this an odd limitation, as my previous router (a 7 year old Netgear Nighthawk) allowed me to reserve 88 devices without issue.

My request to the developers would be to expand the range to 128 (or higher) to allow those of us that wish to organize our networks in that fashion to be able to do so.

Based on the number of threads in the TP Link forums in multiple regions (I browsed others, such as the UK one), there are multiple TP Link customers who have a similar desire/request. Many of the 'solutions' tell people to apply static IP to their devices, but that is not always an option on wifi capable devices, and it still does not prevent an issue where another device might be served that same address through DHCP.

While I imagine it isn't a huge portion of your customer base, it would be a boon for many of us, and another feature you can tout of your routers.

Thank you, in advance, for your consideration,

-Justin Kase

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 195

Replies: 0

Voters 4

Tags

IP Reservations