Slow download speed while upload is normal

2024-03-30 22:41:47
Model: TL-PA7017 KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My power line goes to a shop building not attached to my house, but the power line is the same. Until recently, I had good internet in the shop. 20M download, 5 upload. (satellite internet) In the last week or so, my download dropped so low that Speedtest won't run. Since my TP-Link equipment was over ten years old, I decided to get a new set. It arrived yesterday, and I used it today. The upload speed is now good like before, but the download is better but still terrible. Maybe 2-3M. When I bring the adapter into the house, the speed are good. I assume something has changed on the power line going to the shop, but I don't know what to look for.

Any suggestions?

Fred

Options
2 Reply
Re:Slow download speed while upload is normal
2024-04-06 20:19:15

@KFRiii Check the MTU on your network interface.  THe fact that you have SAT internet makes me think this will only help. Try to reduce it from 1500 (default) to 1380 and see if your performance improves.  Assuming you run Windows:

>_  

9c23dd52f423461a87fddcc735de876e

hth..

Options
Re:Slow download speed while upload is normal
2024-04-06 20:28:46
let me add, if you frequently use a VPN, these MTU issues apply even more combined with SAT internet and DSL ISP providers and powerline eth
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 91

Replies: 2

Related Articles