laptop will only connect to extender but no longer to router

2024-03-31 17:28:24
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: TL-WA855RE

Hi guys please help when I plug in this wifi extender laptops cannot connect to the main router anymore I tried everything i can online but there is no viable solution please help, I need the main wifi for my laptop cause its faster I only use the extender mainly for phone connection however everytime I plug it in my laptop cannot connect and always appear No internet secured, Connected this is becoming a nuisance and pretty annoying

Options
3 Reply
Re:laptop will only connect to extender but no longer to router
2024-03-31 17:53:29

@Daemon1111 

Did you se the same SSID in te RE as in on your main router ? You can make them different and force the laptop to connect to the router SSID.

The other approach would be to reduce the RE wireless coverage:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-04-01 17:30:00

@terziyski Hi i tried the 2 options then it connected but from time to time the same problem arises is there anything more I can do so i dont encounter the problem Thank you so much for responding

Options
2024-04-01 17:37:25

@Daemon1111 

If you set at minimum coverage and that happens casinally you can try to increase the distance between the router and the RE.

This would be a trial and error operatoion that should lead you to the best position of your RE.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options