RE220 Extender Mode, Dead Ethernet Port

2024-05-11 12:55:28 - last edited 2024-05-11 14:04:57
Tags: #Range Extender Mode
Model: RE220  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version: 1.0.23 Build 230418 Rel 60395n

I've tried several of these extenders and even received a warranty exchange for this problem. However, the issue continues where the Ethernet port on the device is not active. I've never tried the port in Access Point Mode to see if the port is working then as I have no use for it in that mode. 

They are working fine as a WiFi Extender which is why I purchased them. 

I'm stil wondering if the port is supposed to be active when it's in the Extender mode?

My devices are Version 3.6 VN1

Options
5 Reply
Re:RE220 Extender Mode, Dead Ethernet Port
2024-05-11 22:50:31

@vbPhil 

In RE mode you should be able to use the RE ethernet port for a wired client devices.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-13 12:50:07

@terziyski   I tried 3 of these and the Ethernet port is not active when in Range Extender mode. There's no Network connection through the port nor do the network adapter's LEDs light up on the client.

Options
2024-05-13 15:17:35 - last edited 2024-05-13 15:33:15

@vbPhil 

A way to be sure that RE ethernet port is working properly is to switch the RE in AP mode and test the behaviour.

Change the ethernet cable that you're using - use the cable from the RE kit or your router kit.

If you have any doubts that the etehrnet port works only in AP mode check this thread.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2024-05-13 15:35:10

@terziyski 

True, to be blunt. I don't care if the port works in AP mode. I was under the assumption that the port could be used in Extender Mode and it doesn't. Was just curious if anyone out there knows for sure, by experience that the port works in Extender Mode. My application doesn't need the port, but, if tthe port was active it might come in handy some other day.

Options
2024-05-13 16:25:36

@vbPhil 

In the thread I posted the OP is using RE220 ethernet port in RE mode for connecting a wired device.

Did you try another ethernet cable as I suggested ? If nothing helps contact your retailer (if REs are under warranty) or contact your local support for assistance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 127

Replies: 5

Tags

Range Extender Mode
Related Articles