Computer connected via Ethernet to RE705x: Internet working, doesn't show up on router or tether

Computer connected via Ethernet to RE705x: Internet working, doesn't show up on router or tether

3 weeks ago
Model: RE705X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11

Hallo!

I have my win11 computer connected to the RE705x via an ethernet cable.  Internet and LAN networking connects fine.   However, it does not show up either within Tether's 'access control' section or on my actual router (which is not tp-link)

I need my router to see the computer in order to get my NAT set up correctly.  Please help.

===

Relevant setup info

===

Access Point

"use the following ip address" : x.x.x.247 (which is a number outside the range of my routers DHCP server)

subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

default gateway 192.168.1.254 (my router's internal IP)

primary DNS 192.168.1.254 (is this weird?)

DHCP server: Auto

Computer:

ip address 192.168.1.78 (within range of the router's DHCP server)

gateway 255.255.255.0

primary dns 1.1.1.1

secondary dns 0.0.0.0

Options
1 Reply
Re:Computer connected via Ethernet to RE705x: Internet working, doesn't show up on router or tether
3 weeks ago

@JeremyFTW 

This behavior is most probably due to the fact that RE705x uses Many-to-one Mode - details.

In this mode the RE705x has replaced the PC MAC address completely with its own MAC address in the client list.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options