Amazon Echo will not forget TP-Link devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-20 22:37:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm having a problem with the coordination of my TP-Link smart devices with my Amazon Echo.

In my Kasa app there are 5 smart devices listed, 3 tunable/dimmable bulbs, a switch and a plug. I had 2 other dimmable [only] bulbs set up, but replaced them with the tunable/dimmable ones

The problem is,in the Alexa app, the 2 dimmable [only] keep showing up. IOW, the 5 active ones (on line), and 2 inactive, the dimmable [only] (off line)

Everything works fine. The TP-Link devices I have set up on timers work, and I can control everything through the Echo.

But it bothers me that the 2 extra TP devices keep appearing in the Alexa app. I "forget" them, but they just keep coming back. I don't even have to tell Alexa to discover devices. They just appear a short time later.

I have disabled the Kasa smart skill in the Alexa app, and re-enable but to know avail.

Will I have to uninstall the Kasa app and reinstall? I don't want to do that, because then I will have to set up all my timers again.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Marc
Options
9 Reply
Re:Amazon Echo will not forget TP-Link devices
2017-01-12 06:59:03
I'm having the same issue. Was yours resolved? If so, do you mind sharing the fix?

Thanks!
Options
+1
2017-11-16 21:33:15
I have the same problem except mine is more serious. I had a tp link bulb randomly disconnect completely from my WiFi (blinking 3 times like it does during setup), so i deleted it from tp link kasa app and re linked it. but then the alexa app wouldn't control it anymore and said the device was "not responsive" or something like that. all my other tp link devices were still working at this time. so i unlinked the kasa app from the alexa app trying to delete and then re add the bulb into alexa but the bulb device will NOT disappear from alexa app no matter what i do. i tried several more times to delete from tp link app and even reinstalling the alexas app on my iPhone. nothing is working. Now NONE of my tp link devices can be controlled from the alexa app (i have 2 smart bulbs and a smart plug) yet they all still work perfectly from the Kasa app.

please help!
Options
2017-11-22 21:38:45
Hi, have you contacted the Alexa support? What did they say?

seetheclay wrote

I have the same problem except mine is more serious. I had a tp link bulb randomly disconnect completely from my WiFi (blinking 3 times like it does during setup), so i deleted it from tp link kasa app and re linked it. but then the alexa app wouldn't control it anymore and said the device was "not responsive" or something like that. all my other tp link devices were still working at this time. so i unlinked the kasa app from the alexa app trying to delete and then re add the bulb into alexa but the bulb device will NOT disappear from alexa app no matter what i do. i tried several more times to delete from tp link app and even reinstalling the alexas app on my iPhone. nothing is working. Now NONE of my tp link devices can be controlled from the alexa app (i have 2 smart bulbs and a smart plug) yet they all still work perfectly from the Kasa app.

please help!
Options
2017-11-23 00:52:07
hello, i have the same issue.
Please, did you find an solution ? :confused:
Thank you in advance.
Options
2017-11-24 00:44:45
Yes. I discovered the reason was I hadn't deleted the devices in the KASA app. So I simply reinstalled the devices I wanted to forget, deleted them from the KASA app, and then Alexa no longer discovered them.

If you don't still have the devices, then I don't think there is anyway to delete them, unless maybe you could set up a new KASA account.

HTH
Options
2017-11-24 10:26:18
Try delete it from the Alexa portal
Options
Solved
2017-11-26 13:40:06
This did it finally. alexa.amazon.com is the URL to the alexa portal. i had tried searching for it once before and didn't look in the right place. the web site functions almost the same as the app on your phone but with a new link next to each device that says "forget". worked like a charm. thanks!!
Options
Solved
2017-11-26 14:04:51

Anton L.Z. wrote

Try delete it from the Alexa portal

This did it finally. alexa.amazon.com is the URL to the alexa portal. i had tried searching for it once before and didn't look in the right place. the web site functions almost the same as the app on your phone but with a new link next to each device that says "forget". worked like a charm. thanks!!
Options
Worked, Thanks!
2020-11-28 22:59:03 - last edited 2020-11-28 23:02:04

@seetheclay Using alexa.amazon.com, Smart Home->Smart Home Skills, open the TP-Link Kasa skill, then disable and add it back in.  Then rediscover devices.  This forgot my deleted device that kept coming back AND successfully added old and new plugs.  This after hours of screwing around trying to do both, this brought everything up to date.  Do I need to do this every time I add a new TP-Link smart plug?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2620

Replies: 9