Setup powerline wired/wireless network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-30 00:39:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Is it possible to set up a Powerline network so that I can connect my TV in one room (with a wired connection) to the network and bring wifi to another part of my house? The router is not located in a 3rd room in the house (not the same room as the TV I want to connect). If what I want to do is possible, which tp-link Powerline adapters would I need? Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup powerline wired/wireless network
2016-12-01 18:51:10
Sure ... you need one powerline adapter at the router, one at the TV, and another one (w/ builtin WLAN AP) in that 3rd place where you want wireless.

I'd start with a 8630P kit plus a single 8010P. Put the router on the 8010P, put the TV on the other 8010P you got from that kit, and set the 8630P up for wireless in the place you need it. Start with firmware updates all around, then set them all up to form a single PLC network, then deploy.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 675

Replies: 1

Related Articles