Xbox One Netflix error nw-2-5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-02 15:11:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Ever since I upgraded my router/modem to the CR700, I am unable to get Netflix to work on my Xbox One. It always gives me the NW-2-5 error. I've seen others on the Web who have this model having the same problem. Is there a fix for this yet?
Options
36 Reply
Re:Xbox One Netflix error nw-2-5
2016-12-07 03:09:07
No ideas?
Options
2016-12-15 02:43:02
I am having the exact same problem ever since I bought this router. Any help here?

I have 2 Xbox Ones in my house. One is hardwired to the modem and the other is using WiFi. Both have the same issue. From what I read, it is a DNS issue but I don't know what the changes should be.

HELP!
Options
2016-12-15 11:39:41
Still no luck here. It's crazy. I bought my dad the same router and he had the same problem. He ended up sending the router back.

JeffMomm wrote

I am having the exact same problem ever since I bought this router. Any help here?

I have 2 Xbox Ones in my house. One is hardwired to the modem and the other is using WiFi. Both have the same issue. From what I read, it is a DNS issue but I don't know what the changes should be.

HELP!
Options
2016-12-15 23:24:24
I also opened a support case yesterday. To their credit, they replied within about 12 hours and had 1 suggestion. They asked the standard silly questions as well, of course. Here's what they sent me and my responses:

Thank you very much for your email requesting information about our product and sorry for any inconvenience caused.

1. Do you have internet on the Xbox one? Or you just have the issue on Netflix on Xbox One?
A: Yes, internet and everything else works fine. As I mentioned, I was able to reinstall Netflix so internet is definitely working. In fact, other streaming services work too. Only Netflix no longer works after switching to your company's cable modem.

2. Please make sure that the Xbox ones are connected to the router wired or wireless. Please go to the client list of the router CR700 to see if you can see the devices. See attached. If not, please double check the connection.
A: Yes, as mentioned in #1 they are definitely connected. As mentioned originally, I have 1 connected wired and 1 connected wirelessly. Both have the same issue.

3. You can change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the router as attached and save it.
A: Okay, I will give this a try this evening when I am home and see how it works. I will let you know what happens.

4. If you still have the issue, please contact the support of Xbox to see if you need to open some ports for the Xbox. Maybe you need to set up port forwarding. If yes, please ask them for port numbers and refer to instruction:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1106.html
A: I will not be doing this. If your suggestion in #3 doesn't work, and you have no other suggestions, then I will be returning your company's product and buying a NetGear. Everything worked fine until I replaced my cable modem with the Archer CR700.
Options
2016-12-16 07:24:14
We are having the same problem. I created a hotspot with my phone and connected the xbox one to it and Netflix worked fine. Switched back and get the error again. :(
Options
2016-12-20 20:53:25
TP-Link, any resolution for this?
Options
2016-12-23 05:42:24
Support gave me a few things to try, which I finally did the other night with no success.

1. They suggested I change the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.
a. I tried to change the DNS on the router but it looks like I need to sign up for DynDNS or NO-IP, which I am not going to do.
b. I did change the DNS on my Xbox One to those values but no luck.

2. Set up the Guest WiFi. I did this for both 2.4 and 5Ghz. I tried both guest networks on my Xbox One but it didn't work either.

At this point, I've asked if they have any other solutions, otherwise it is within 30 days for me and I will be returning it.

I'll keep you all posted,
Jeff
Options
2016-12-28 01:06:38
I'm having the same issue. Netflix works on IPads, Roku, Xbox 360, and TV. Just not the Xbox one. This problem started when I switched to CR700. Xbox 360, Xbox One, and TV all on same hardwire to modem. Again, only the Xbox One has issues. Talked to Netflix and they said things should be working (e.g. they were no help).

I'm unable to set the DNS on the CR700 - may be a time warner thing??? I set DNS on Xbox to the openDNS and google - didn't help.

Wondering if the issue is about a port not being opened, but why does everything else work and not the xbox one? To pile on, I can't get to the port forwarding page on the CR700 as it crashes the CR700 (posted on another thread).

Starting to agree with Jeff about its getting closer to that time to give up on the CR700.
Options
2016-12-29 13:33:15
HI ALL
TP-Link are solving this issue and the new firmware is coming,but the firmware must be pushed by ISP,so it may take some time.
Options
2016-12-31 21:30:22
Hmmm...

QAQ wrote

HI ALL
TP-Link are solving this issue and the new firmware is coming,but the firmware must be pushed by ISP,so it may take some time.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7650

Replies: 36