AV-500 Nano won’t work on newly wired outlet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-12 08:41:28
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just had an outlet added to my house for my security DVR and my newly-purchased AV-500 Nano adaptor won’t work on that one outlet. I’ve checked connectivity with many other outlets in the house including the one in the garage the electrician wired the new outlet into and they all work, it’s just this one that fails. On the other outlets I get the top 2 lights lit (and the third for a short time) but on this one outlet I see the top and bottom lights lit but not the middle.

The sending unit is plugged into my Airport Extreme and the same power source as the AE. I’ve tried the other adaptor in many outlets around the house and it works every time, it’s just this one. Any idea what could be the problem?
Options
3 Reply
Re:AV-500 Nano won’t work on newly wired outlet
2016-12-13 01:37:25
Did the electrician by any chance install a "filtered" outlet? If so, then it filters out the powerline signal, rendering the outlet unusable for this purpose.
Options
2016-12-13 13:33:39
After must fiddling it turned out to be the powerstrip I had the adaptor attached to the Airport plugged in to. It must have been dampening the signal. Not so much that it couldn’t connect when the second adaptor was plugged into most outlets in the house but enough to not work on this one outlet. I don’t know if this outlet is somehow different than the other ones in the house but its entirely possible. Anyway I am up and running now! :-)
Options
2016-12-13 20:13:47
You should never plug PLCs into powerstrips (or any other cabled thing) - always directly into the wall socket.

Fix that on all your PLCs around the house, and you'll see a massive overall improvement.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 3