Problem with changing settings on TP-INK AC-750 RE200 Wi-Fi range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-25 13:12:06
Model : RE200

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.14.2 Build 160329 Rel.38287n

ISP :

Hello,

I've been having a lot of problems with this wi-fi extender. Mainly when trying to add or change the settings.

Main Issue:

Only after the screen below does this occur. I don't know why this shows up. I have logged in with the correct credentials that I have set for the router. This screen still pops up even if I have the username and password set to admin and admin. I need to access the REVIEW screen in order to accept the changes but it won't let me go there so it won't let me add a 2.4GHz or 5GHz network at all. I can add a network fine with WPS but when trying to go through the Quick Set Up Wizard or manual connection, it does not work. I need to do this to extend my 5GHz or 2.4GHz bands. It's a bit frustrating. I have tried upgrading the firmware, etc. Still doesn't work. Is there a fix for this? If not, Is there a way I can set all this manually with a text config file? If so, how do I do it? I tried downloading the current config file and opening it in the text editor but it seems to be encrypted or in a different format.

Issue #2:

When in the High Speed menu, selecting concurrent range extender mode, I can't seem to drop down the options for which channels to broadcast. It is stuck at Auto.

Thanks for the help.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem with changing settings on TP-INK AC-750 RE200 Wi-Fi range extender
2016-12-30 14:26:40
For the login issue, you could have a try to delete the cache data of your web browser, for chrome, press [control]+[H] to open the history page of the browser, then click "Clear browsing data". You could google for other method if you are not using chrome. For the issue of changing channel, i think this is just what this model designed.
Options
Re:Problem with changing settings on TP-INK AC-750 RE200 Wi-Fi range extender
2016-12-31 04:21:26
Actually, I discovered the issue. The TP-Link does not allow a password with two consecutive dots.

That means any password with: ..
In any location/combination. I sent this in and they will not be fixing it on this model but on the next model.
So I guess, don't use passwords with: ..
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1910

Replies: 2