lb 110 bulb loses connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-28 12:50:25
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My LB110 bulb loses connection with the Kaza app and Amazon Alexa. I have to toggle the switch off/on before the app and Alexa can re-detect the bulb. Has anyone else had this issue? Please advise.
Options
41 Reply
Re:lb 110 bulb loses connection
2016-12-31 19:43:41
Hansen you aren't alone, I've had the same problem with my LB-110 bulb. If you haven't done so, post a review and identify the issue so other potential purchasers ae aware of it. I posted reviews both on this site and Amazon where I purchased the bulb.

The bulb seems to lose connection to the network, I run network monitoring tools on my home network and will find the bulb is not connected. I'm hoping TP-Link comes out with a firmware update to fix this issue.
Options
Me, too!
2017-01-16 23:39:43
I recently purchased two bulbs (LB 100 & LB110) as a trial and have the same problem with both of them. I tried linking them with a different router, and still had the problem of having them lose connections. Here's hoping there's a solution! The company's motto is "Reliably Smart". Really.
Options
2017-01-18 22:15:27
See the post in this form/area "110 and 130 Bulbs dropping / losing connnection". It gives some areas of possible trouble shooting. General questions would be:
How many devices on your 2.4G wifi?
How old is your router and what is it's total bandwidth on 2.4G?
Do you stream video or use computers for gaming? If so, can you move these to the 5GHz wifi?

Generally, I have had few problems with my system? Zero drops. I have 12 devices on 2.4GHz and 5 on 5Ghz Total bandwidth is 3.1 Ghz.
Options
Could it be the lamp's fault?
2017-01-19 16:41:57
I wonder if it could be the type of lamp that I'm using. Most of the stand-alone lamps in the house are three ways. This doesn't affect the regular bulbs, but I wonder if the different settings are resulting in a lower voltage being applied, and that is causing the bulbs not to retain their settings.

What kind of lamps are you using?
Options
2017-01-21 04:39:42
After contacting support I was sent a link to a tool that once downloaded allowed me to upgrade the firmware on my LB-110 to V1.2.2. Since upgrading the firmware I haven't had a disconnect, where as before it had gotten to the point it would only stay connected for a couple hours at a time. Hopefully this Firmware upgrade is the solution. I left a star off since the KASA application did not identify that a newer firmware edition was available.
Options
2017-01-23 01:32:21

timwalshmi wrote

After contacting support I was sent a link to a tool that once downloaded allowed me to upgrade the firmware on my LB-110 to V1.2.2. Since upgrading the firmware I haven't had a disconnect, where as before it had gotten to the point it would only stay connected for a couple hours at a time. Hopefully this Firmware upgrade is the solution. I left a star off since the KASA application did not identify that a newer firmware edition was available.

Are you the Firmware was 1.2.2 ? I just got a link for the updated firmware from support and it only updated my LB110's to 1.2.1 ?

Just want to make sure what is actually the latest version because I am still have connections drops quite frequently and its pretty frustrating dealing with this. I have 3 HS100's smart plugs that have worked flawlessly from the day I plugged them in almost 2 months ago ! I had nothing but issues with the HS105 model and had to return the for the Original HS100 model .
Options
2017-01-23 01:36:37
Having same issues with dropped connections, odd thing is no dropped connections on my HS100 smart plugs, had a bear of a time with keeping HS105 smar plug connected, returned it for another HS100 and that works flawlessly, I am no having dropped connection on LB110's , have been provided with firmware update 1.2.1 , I read timwalshmi post where it was listed with 1.2.2 and I am wondering if anyone else has been provided access to 1.2.2 or if it was a typo on the version ? Not sure how to solve the dropped connections at this point !! any ideas ?
Options
2017-01-23 17:22:00
I got my tool from Rachel Li from Support. I just verified in the Kasa app on my iPhone that my bulb is a LB110(US) and the Firmware Version is 1.2.2. I also checked the bin file that comes with the tool, it also lists the firmware as 1.2.2. (smartBulb_FCC_1.2.2_Build_161230_Rel.160635.bin). Looks like this version was built on 12/30/216.

I attached a screenshot from Kasa as well as the .bin file compressed as a .zip. I'm not sure I'd trust me however and download the bin, but if you do extract it to the firmware sub-folder of were you extracted the tool you were sent

C:\iotUpgradeTool_V1.0(LB)\iotUpgradeTool_V1.0(LB)\firmware

I did see a post on Amazon about version 1.2.1 not fixing the problem.

It's been 3 days, and I still have not had to reset the settings in the bulb.

As a side note I asked Rachel Li if my HS100(US) had a similar FW upgrade available, and she sent me FW version 1.1.2 which I installed on my smart plug. It looks like we may be getting "beta" releases as they try to fix the problem. It would be nice if they made them available through Kasa,
File:
SmartBulb.PNGDownload
smartBulb_FCC_1.2.2_Build_161230_Rel.160635.bin.zipDownload
Options
2017-01-24 03:54:03
Thank you Tim, I have just emailed their support asking them for the same file so i can apply to my HW ! Not sure why they insisted the 1.2.1 was the latest firmware when I asked for 1.2.2 based on what I had read !

Hope all is still working correctly for you !
Options
2017-01-24 23:16:24
Just got the 1.2.2 version from Support, updated my LB110's bulbs, fingers are crossed that this finally solves the issues I have been having !
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6096

Replies: 41

Related Articles