[RE450] Should I keep same wifi channel as router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-29 00:32:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

New RE450 owner, just a quick question regarding setup.

When I configured my new extender, it kept the same SSID and wifi channel as the wifi networks broadcasting from the router. I changed the SSIDs broadcasting from the RE450 to their own, so that I can distinguish between the router and the extender, as well as not have my devices switch between the networks automatically as I roam the house.

But my question is, won't there be interference caused by having the two networks on the same channel? Would I achieve stronger, more stable wireless networks if they were on different channels? And is this even possible to change on the RE450, or does it need to have the same channels as on the the routers to properly extend the network?

I have to say, the RE450 is doing it's job in so far as extending the 5GHz network to the second floor as intended, but it's not reaching the dead zones in the house as well as I would have liked.
Options
3 Reply
Re:[RE450] Should I keep same wifi channel as router?
2016-12-29 15:35:54
The wireless channel of RE450 must keep the same with main router, this seems to have something to do with the operating principle.
Options
Re:[RE450] Should I keep same wifi channel as router?
2017-05-02 18:14:32
Is it possible to change the channel for 2.4 Ghz on the RE450? I have trouble connecting to the 2.4 Ghz network after a firmware update.
Options
Changing Channels on RE650
2017-06-01 07:56:27
I can't find any way to change the channel used by the RE650. It is using a very crowded channel. Does anyone know how to change the channel.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2057

Replies: 3