Starter Kit TL-PA7020 - Pairing loss when moved to destination

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-31 08:08:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey everyone, hoping you can help me out since TP-LINK phone support couldn't!

I purchased a new starter kit (AV1000) today to help me get Internet over to my living room. I've been using Wi-Fi, but I go through two solid walls to get there, so I end up with poor quality.

I can pair the two adapters together and can transmit through them just fine.

However, when moving one of the adapters to the destination room (my living room, about 150 feet away), the adapters can no longer pair and establish a network.

Following the manual, I tried troubleshooting it myself:

A1. Try another socket and make sure it is on the same electrical circuit -- I tried every outlet in the room, and only one outlet allows the devices to pair. Both rooms (start and destination) are on the same electrical circuit.
A2. Try to pair it again, and make sure the Powerline LED is on -- Pairing fails, no change. Tried multiple times.
A3. Check for possible interference -- Since the direct path is through my kitchen, I unplugged my fridge and oven (the two major appliances), but this still did not allow the devices to pair.

Phone support basically told me that my electrical environment doesn't allow this to work. So...should I return this product? Get a better one? Is there something that I can do to make this work?

Any help is appreciated my dudes :3
Options
3 Reply
Re:Starter Kit TL-PA7020 - Pairing loss when moved to destination
2017-01-02 18:58:50
I find the 7000 and 9000 series quite poorly maintained, at least as far as firmware updates and improvements go. I recommend you bring these back and get a pair of 8030P instead.
Options
2017-01-02 22:04:37

Peter M wrote

I find the 7000 and 9000 series quite poorly maintained, at least as far as firmware updates and improvements go. I recommend you bring these back and get a pair of 8030P instead.

I'll try it out, thanks for the recommend!
Options
2017-01-03 12:12:12
However, when moving one of the adapters to the destination room (my living room, about 150 feet away), the adapters can no longer pair and establish a network.

Following the manual, I tried troubleshooting it myself:
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 670

Replies: 3

Related Articles