TC-W7960 wifi disconnects, wired fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TC-W7960 wifi disconnects, wired fine

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:TC-W7960 wifi disconnects, wired fine
2018-01-12 03:32:20
Same problem. Everyday when I get home from work none of my devices will connect to the WIFI without either power cycling the modem, resetting it via the web GUI, or manually changing the channel. I've tried every channel and auto. I typically select my channels based on using a wifi-inspector to see what is being transmitted around me. I've had this modem for about 1.5 years.
Options
2018-01-17 01:19:14
just saw this issue for the c12000 and I am having a similar issue on my CR700. Looks like they have an issue with home assistants and casting devices.I did not have an issue until their last software update (saying that I only just bought Amazon Echo's, not sure it its related) http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-2050.html
Options
2018-01-18 02:13:37
Interesting, I did recently add a Vizio TV (hardwired) that supports being cast to. I wonder if that is the source of the problem. But...its hardwired...And I don't use the casting capability. My wifi is just for the laptop and for cellphones to get their data from something other than the tower.
Options
2018-01-18 22:00:49

TheVille wrote

Interesting, I did recently add a Vizio TV (hardwired) that supports being cast to. I wonder if that is the source of the problem. But...its hardwired...And I don't use the casting capability. My wifi is just for the laptop and for cellphones to get their data from something other than the tower.

At the time I didn't even own a TV that had casting capabilities. I have since made the dreaded switch to Uverse and they supply their router. No more issues...
Options
2018-01-19 00:08:49
Actually it now looks like its any device capable of casting, that means android phones, tablets and anything else that may be able to cast. The device does not need cast enabled, just capable of casting. TP has said they are issuing a fix (who knows how long it will be before the cable companies push the update). Google has also said its pushing a patch to he issue, again who knows how long before devices get the update.
Options
2018-01-19 01:55:41
I recently updated my firmware and it appears to be much more stable. I saw a fix for some Android devices and hopefully that was it. I read an article somewhere else about Android devices waking up or reconnecting to a network and flooding an excessive amount of requests at once. Which could overload a router. Maybe these are related? Either way it appears to have worked for me so I'd suggest giving that a try
Options
2018-01-24 07:42:42

kapono21 wrote

I recently updated my firmware and it appears to be much more stable. I saw a fix for some Android devices and hopefully that was it. I read an article somewhere else about Android devices waking up or reconnecting to a network and flooding an excessive amount of requests at once. Which could overload a router. Maybe these are related? Either way it appears to have worked for me so I'd suggest giving that a try

What firmware do you have now?
Have the same issues with my TC-W7960, Firmware Version:v1.0.3 Build 20160127 Rel358240 Hardware Version:V1.1
Looking forward for your advice!
Options
2018-01-24 07:45:43
I am having the same problem with my TC-W7960
What firmware do you have now?
Mine is Firmware Version:v1.0.3 Build 20160127 Rel358240 Hardware Version:V1.1
Looking forward for your advice here!
Options
2018-01-25 04:25:58
Unfortunately, I was prompted last weekend to upgrade. Oddly it came across with any new browser connection I started. So I did it. I don't recommend it as my connections appear to be back to sporadic. WiFi disconnects randomly, mostly on the 2.4 band. Several of my devices I've had to re-enter the passphrase. One Android tablet listed an encryption mismatch or password error, I just don't remember. So now the connections are unreliable. Some users will drop and others stay connected. Very odd. I'm running the latest firmware available on the site. I checked to see if the last one was available so I could revert but to no avail
Options
2018-01-25 04:27:15
And my hardware is a v2 if that is of any value
Options
Related Articles