TP-LINK 4530KIT Wired Speeds Dropping Randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-27 03:52:42
Model : TL-WPA4530KIT

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 1.0.3 Build 160530 Rel.61871n

ISP : Time Warner Cable

I've tried to search for help on here looking through other responses for different models and I still don't see this really answered. I'm hoping someone has an answer for the model I have though.

When I look at the speed in the settings, the RX speeds and TX speeds are generally 100-150 mbps. They tend to jump around a bit but stay high, at least it only ever stays high for the TX speed which is the wireless speed, isn't it? I also believe the RX is the wired speed, correct? Please let me know if I have that wrong. Anyway, I have two devices wired into the adapter downstairs. The RX speed keeps dropping randomly here and there during the day to like 30 mbps, sometimes lower. Then it would go up again just as randomly after a short while. When I quickly unplug the device and plug it back in, it maintains high speeds for awhile but then will do it again later on.

No devices or equipment is turning on or off throughout the day, everything is essentially constant at all times. I would think if something was permanently interfering it would have constant low speeds across the board but it doesn't. What could be causing this problem??
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-LINK 4530KIT Wired Speeds Dropping Randomly
2017-01-27 17:33:29
Tx and Rx are transmit and receive, both for the powerline connection.

You yourself may not use any extra electrical devices, but your neighbours might. Also, you certainly do turn lights on and off, and cheap LED and CCFL lights are notorious for backfiring noise into the mains circuit. Not the least, one of your neighbours might also use PLC technology - and if you both still use the default passphrase, the networks may interfere.
Options
2017-01-28 02:00:42
Thank you for replying as well as clarifying the Tx and Rx. I wasn't aware lights were capable of such noise considering the low wattage usage. Aside from this specifically, how serious can the stress from cheaper bulbs be on the main circuit? Just wondering if you know. I'm curious to look into that later. I didn't think my neighbors would have anything to do with anything either since they are on their own circuit within their house, I thought only whatever is on my circuit would affect the powerline itself? I also don't use the default passphrase.

But I did finally notice something for the first time yesterday: Since the product I got was the 4530 KIT, I assumed both devices that came in the box were collectively the model 4530. I upgraded that firmware on day 1 when I set everything up. However, it wasn't until yesterday that I saw the device that connected to the router was actually the model 4020. I went to that product page and found firmware for it separately and went on to upgrade it. I haven't had a problem since yesterday and it's still going strong right now with not one drop which is a first. I'm really hoping the fix is permanent otherwise I'm going to check out to see if any LEDs are causing any problems for my circuits.
Options
2017-01-30 20:11:47
Ah yes, that's actually a common miss ... and the support section on the product's web site doesn't exactly help either, for it just lists the 4530 unit.

LED and CCFL lights do contain driver electronics, which, when designed without due care, can have quite a lot of backfiring noise into the mains circuit.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 517

Replies: 3

Related Articles