TL-PA4026 KIT - trouble pairing adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-01 23:46:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just got this kit which comes with a single port TL-PA4010 plus a dual port TL-PA4020 adapter. The goal is to get a detached garage connected to the home network, but it's not looking very hopeful so far.

I started out with the TL-PA4010 plugged in near the router in my living room and the PA4020 in my bedroom down the hall. The power indicator light and the Ethernet indicator light both start out solid green. I pressed the pair button on both adapters, but after blinking for several minutes, the power indicator became solid green again. The network indicator never turned on.

After going back an forth between rooms and multiple unsuccessful attempts to pair the adapters, I decided to try plugging both adapters into outlets in the bedroom. Even then, it took about 3 tries before the adapters successfully paired with each other. I then moved the PA4010 back to the living room to connect to the router. The PA4010 then came on with 3 solid lights, but the PA4020 had a red network indicator. I unplugged and re-plugged it into the wall outlet, and all 3 lights are solid. Now the computer connected to the PA4020 adapter has an IP address, but says there is no internet connection.

My home is only one story and 1350 square feet, so the adapters are only about 50 feet apart, but I don't know how complex the electrical wiring is from one room to the other. If these won't even work within the house, it doesn't look like there is any hope that it will provide a signal out to the detached garage.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 565

Replies: 0

Related Articles