Remote access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Remote access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Remote access
Remote access
2017-02-06 22:45:22
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am new with the power plug. Yes the remote and app works wonderfully when I am inside my house and on my wireless network.

I thought the main idea was to be able to control this plug remotely. The message I get when away from my house and using the KASA app on android phone is: "remote control disabled. You can enable remote control when you're connected to your home WiFi". What am I missing, and where in the app can I enable remote control so that it holds when I am away from the house? Since I was able to do the remote control in the house - I thought that if I left then the app would work the same. I am a little surprised that there is not a web site like my CCTV home cameras where I can log in and do the actions that I can do on the KASA app.

Any help please?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Remote access
2017-02-08 23:49:15
When you are on your home network, that would be more aptly described as "local control". "Remote control" would be when you are not on your home network, requiring control via the Internet. There is a switch in the Device Settings drawer, "Remote Control". You need to turn this switch on (Green) while you are on your home network to enable control via the Internet.

Did you set up an account with TP-Link in the Kasa app? If not, you need to do this and confirm the email they send you. Note this is not the same account as posting to the forum here. If you have set up the account, a number of people are having problems of a similar nature. Please check the forum and read these threads for suggestions.
Options