HS100 can't be found by Alexa

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-02-11 03:08:52
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I use Windows 7, but do not have cell service in my area. Is there any way to use HS100, or should I just return it to Amazon as I cannot figure out how to use it with Alexa.
Options
1 Reply
Re:HS100 can't be found by Alexa
2017-02-14 03:12:24
Ok, you have an Amazon Echo, a home 2.4 GHz home network, but no cell phone? I believe to set up the TP-Link devices, you need to run the Kasa app, which will run on iOS or Android. If you have an iPhone, iPad, or an Android device, you should be able to set the Smartplug up to work with Alexa. Although you don't need the app to actually use the device, meaning you could just borrow an iOS or Android unit, I think this would be frustrating in practice. However, you do NOT need cell service that I am aware of. I'm not familiar enough with other units to recommend an alternative that would not require an iOS or Android app.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 583

Replies: 1

Related Articles