Alexa skill will not enable, cannot control Kasa plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-03 11:12:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The Kasa app will control the plug. I disabled the skill in Alexa to troubleshoot and now it will not enable. It returns 500 Internal Server Error. Not sure if this is TP-Link issue or Amazon. I just want to go back to bossing my house around.
Options
7 Reply
Re:Alexa skill will not enable, cannot control Kasa plug
2017-03-04 05:59:33
Having problems setting up Kasa enable mode to my Amazon Echo
Options
2017-03-04 08:51:33
There have been numerous threads about this. TP Link suffered a catastrophic failure of one of their cloud based servers, and many of us got an email about this. All we can do is wait for some notification (hopefully) that the servers have been restored...Mike
Options
Echo Dot not responding
2017-03-04 17:59:01
I'm noticing the same thing..My echo dot is on,but in my TP app and the alexa skill arent showing the light and the plug as present
Options
2017-03-05 03:04:35
I think things are still down. I can't sign on to enable the skill either. Patience...
Options
2017-03-09 13:59:31
I have Peace of mind again thanks to ingenuity,and tinkering around.
try this it works!! Uninstall your TP Link skill in your amazon echo,re-install it..and it will find everything again
Options
2017-03-10 00:38:10
Yes I did that, then did a new Discovery and everything seems to be back on line. Thanks Mike
Options
2017-12-15 02:35:08
I solved the issue which lots of other people had where the Alexa Android app wouldn't enable/authorise the Kasa smarthome skill. Instead of trying to set it up through the Alexa app, instead use a PC and browse to https://alexa.amazon.co.uk instead. This gives the same interface as the Alexa app and you can enable and install the Kasa skill in the same way, but this time it worked. After doing this I was able to configure it in the Android Alexa app as normal.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2503

Replies: 7