Archer CR700 - Wow Cable -- experiencing lagging performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-03-07 04:10:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I recently purchased the CR700 to use with my 100mb Wow internet service. Initially, things seemed to run flawlessly. After a few days, I've noticed that I'm getting some lag where pages take 5-10 seconds to load sometimes. I go to the speedtest page for Wow and it tells me it failed the latency test. I've tried other speedtest sites like speedtest.net and the ping part of the test doesn't run. I contacted Wow and had them run tests on their end, and they say the signals all seem good and they do not see anything wrong from their side. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this issue with this modem / router and Wow or not. Are there any sort of tuning settings I can get to with this router that I could use to help the situation? I've looked through all the advanced settings and not seeing anything there. Just to clarify, the machine I'm accessing from is a hard wired connection to the router so wifi is not a part of the equation here.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer CR700 - Wow Cable -- experiencing lagging performance
2017-05-25 16:15:07
It appears there is little support here, Did you ever have any luck?

Thanks
Dave
Options
Re:Archer CR700 - Wow Cable -- experiencing lagging performance
2017-09-01 21:52:52
I'm having a similar issue. Since I set up this modem, I have had these messages: "there is no internet connection" and "internet connection interrupted". Connection comes back after a few seconds though.Streaming Netflix doesn't seem to be affected, but online games experiences lag spikes. The connection issues are experienced on all devices through both ethernet cable and wifi. I've been running a connectivity monitor for over 24 hrs now. These lag spikes happen at about every anywhere between 1-10 minutes, and they are usually 5000 ms but I've found three instances of 6000 ms happening every 12-13 hrs. I've tried changing every setting I can find, powercycling, and refreshing the signal from the ISP all to no change. I'm convinced the issue is with the modem itself. I bought this one to replace the one that suddenly stopped sending out signal. That one is getting replaced so I will most likely return this when my old modem gets a replacement through the manufacturer.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 886

Replies: 2