Archer CR700 / AC1750 WIFI Stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer CR700 / AC1750 WIFI Stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
32 Reply
Re:Archer CR700 / AC1750 WIFI Stops working
2017-07-06 09:04:05

DjLuigi wrote

To this day from last year I have no solution.

Do you have the same issue that only 2.4GHz wifi is not stable? Do you try the suggestion above?
Options
2017-07-06 17:41:06
Anton,. I return from a vacation this afternoon, I'll try them when I can access the router and report back. Thank you for the suggestions.
Options
2017-07-06 23:14:37
With 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz you have the same problem. Technical support does not have a solution for this case. I recommend returning it, but they do not accept the product because I did not buy from them and the store where I bought the product does not accept the return because more than a month has passed.
Now I have the Modem as an ornament.
Options
2017-07-07 03:37:47

Anton L.Z. wrote

Have you tried change the Channel and Width? Did you try hard reset the modem?

Anton,

I've done the changes, it is usually within a couple of days that I lose the connection. I will report back.
Options
Disable power saver mode
2017-07-07 09:02:14
I'm using the TC-W7690, so I can't guarantee this will solve the issue you're experiencing. I was often unable to reach the internet despite being connected to the network and able to connect via ethernet. Often, attempting to disconnect and reconnect to the network failed. So far, the solution was to disable Power Save Mode. Steps as follows:

1) Login at 192.168.1.1 (your router IP may be different)
2) Click "Wireless," then "Advanced"
3) Click "Wireless 2.4G" (My only option for this router. You may also have a 5GHz antenna)
4) Click "Wireless Advanced"
5) Disable the checkbox for " Enable Power Save Support " and click the Save button.

It's been stable since, but I'll report back if anything changes.
Options
Try this
2017-07-07 23:00:04
I do not have this router, however check for an ECO or power save mode setting. On some of the routers I have owned turning off the ECO/power save fixes the problem.
Options
My Archer CR700 seems to now be dropping IP addresses 2.4 and 5.0
2017-07-16 03:47:08
I seem to be having same problem. I have plenty of IP addresses to serve to my wireless clients (IOS devices, TP Link smart bulbs, Roku, Mac, etc). Now all of a sudden my devices drop randomly.
My IP addresses are dynamic so they are given out as needed.

My Archer CR700 is Hardware V1.1.
Firmware V1.0.5
Build 20150925
Rel 338940

No network changes except adding devices.

Can anyone help here?

Tech support said to contact my ISP (Spectrum - was Brighthouse) to see if they have firmware update. I will but don't hold much hope here, since nothing has changed on my end.
Options
2017-07-17 15:45:50
how many clients do you have? have you tried different channels and width?
Options
Take a Xanax Before You Even Unbox It; Just Return It, You'll Thank Me!
2017-07-18 11:59:07
:mad::confused: I am so frustrated and I see that I am not the only have trouble with this very expensive piece of JUNK!!! I purchased this modem/router on a recommendation but I have learned that the recommendation was to keep me offline and out of politics by tweeting! What in the hell is wrong with this thing? I had it working last night then when I awoke this morning, it was offline. I called Tp-Link Tech Support and was on hold for 25 minutes before reaching a tech that actually emailed the manual to me and shortly after that, she put me on hold because my call did not disconnect until I hung up the phone when I received an email from her saying that we were disconnected. NO WE WERE NOT!! That ????????? put me on hold so I would think we had been disconnected. She did tell me to reset it and start over and to use the manual; however, the manual doesn't explain anything but the bare essentials and even those essentials will not keep the Archer CR700 online for an extended period of time. I gave up my D-Link Dual Band Router for this $180US piece of worthless Chinese metal and plastic! At least my DLink kept me online and kept my security cameras online and recording. Since there is no way to specify IP addresses for individual pieces and then lock that IP address into place, my cameras and TiVo units are going crazy. The Archer CR700 does not hold onto an IP address for no longer than 7 minutes if you are lucky. It is constantly reassigning IP addresses. WTF??

I have been working on setting this thing up since 8a on Monday morning and it is now 10:57p.m.. That does not include the time I took to set it up last night!

I can not even get my Obi200 VOIP (so now fax machine now), my two media servers, two Amazon Echo Dots, or parts of my security system such as motion detectors, and smart plugs to be recognized by the Archer CR700. I have emailed tech support three times and no one has responded. Customer Support is worse than ASUS and that is pretty horrible!!! If I don't get some type of HELP soon, I will box is FAULTY, UNPROVEN TO WORK RELIABLY piece of trash back in the box and return it for a FULL REFUND. If I get any trouble from the merchant, they can just speak to my financial institution because I will sure as hell dispute the charges because the product is worthless!!! It is about as cheap as the YEN, which has been manipulated by the government of China, which means, this Archer CR700 isn't worth15% of what I paid for it! I do not need nor do I want to inherit another useless piece of technology (not, that this thing can be called technology)!!

HELP better arrive very soon before I begin using Twitter with my mobile data and before I report this trash to the FCC, FTC, and to the DOJ to investigate and bring criminal charges for consumer fraud and who knows what else they may be able to hang on TP-Link. BTW, the 6 TP-Link Smart Plugs that arrived today from Amazon are being returned via UPS first thing in the morning. I have boxed those little pieces of trash up to go already!!! Pardon my typos. I am too stressed to go back and proof read this thing!
Options
Surely Not Too Many!
2017-07-18 14:58:06

vieldcs wrote

how many clients do you have? have you tried different channels and width?

I have approximately 40 different clients that range from motion detectors (2), security cameras (8) but not using 3 at the moment, Smart Plugs (7), Security DVRs (2) (Ethernet), Obi200 VOIP for fax machine (1+1=2), TiVo (2), desktop pc (2) (Ethernet), MAC Mini (1) (Wi-Fi), Amazon Echo Dot (2), Android tablet (1), Android Smartphones (2), Samsung Curve 4k (1), Vizio 55" (1), DLink Router EXO AC1750 (1) (not in use), Roku (1), Powerline Extender (1), Wi-Fi Extenders (2) (1 is rarely in use), Iomega Home Cloud Media Server (1) ( CR700 will not recognize it; Ethernet), & I'm sure that I am forgetting a few things.

As far band usage goes, the majority CR700 says 21 wireless 2.4GHz, 4 using 5GHz wireless, CR700 says 3 are IPV6 but I deactivated IPV6, 5 wired via Ethernet, 1 printer/fax using CR700 printer server.

I had considered changing the IP address to Static but Charter/Spectrum changes my internet IP about every 3 days, so I'm screwed if I did that.

Keep in mind that not all of clients are running at the same time. I have reset it to factory status on Monday morning and it still goes out.

If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it because I am ready to go back to a Charter/Spectrum modem and my old DLink DIR-860L Dual Band Router until I find a new one.

Something that EVERY Spectrum customer should keep in mind...the Spectrum rep that activated my CR700 told me that without the Charter modem they provided, I may not get full use of the services. When I asked her, "What in the hell do you mean by not all of the services? I am only wanting to get my 60Mbps & 4Mbps upload." She then said because I had my own modem, they wouldn't guarantee the speed. That was about the time that I reminded her that she was also on a recorded line from my side and I would have no problem going directly to the FCC to file formal complaints and have my attorney handle it if my services were not kept at speed. Charter/Spectrum has scrappy service here in southeast Louisiana but they are constantly increasing rates. Recently, they started charging a Broadcast TV Surcharge to fleece more money. The local channels always were included in every package without a surcharge until recently. Just another scam by Charter/Spectrum to increase revenue without improving services.

I am currently trying to get the State or the Local Franchise Authority to prevent them from passing on the Franchise Fee to the consumers. That is just the cost of doing business. The FCC has ruled that Cable Cos. may pass on the Franchise Authority Fee but does not require them to and does NOT prevent the Franchise Authorities from exercising their right as a government body to limit or restrict the Cable Cos. from passing that cost to the consumer.

Those fees back into the consumers' pockets will generate more economic growth through taxes. Charter/Spectrum isn't putting that money back in the communities as they should.

Thanks
Options