Archer CR700 / AC1750 WIFI Stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer CR700 / AC1750 WIFI Stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
32 Reply
Re:Archer CR700 / AC1750 WIFI Stops working
2017-07-18 15:33:33
when it lost internet, do you see the downstream and upstream light are still on? internet light? are you still able to login modem setup page?
it is better to locate the problem first.
If anyone of downstream and upstream, internet light is not on, which indicated it is an internet line issue. This may caused by isp or the modem.
if you can not login the modem setup page, which means the router is dead and stops responding.
Options
2017-07-19 15:18:33
I can tell when it begins to crawl and goes out because my webpages and chats begin to to take forever to load and even longer for the computer or tablet to finish a sentence with one letter or digit about every 15 seconds. There are times when the lights are still lit for a bit before going dark and at other times, the entire things resets itself and then I have restart it a second time after it reboots because it will not pick up the Dynamic IP from Charter/Spectrum and I do not have the patience to sit there and watch the little red wheel spin as it pretends to be looking for a signal.

I did connect a DLink EXO 1750 (DIR-869L) Dual Band Wi-Fi Extender to the network via Ethernet to set it up and then disconnected the cable and put the DLink Extender on Wi-Fi to connect to my network. I have noticed that since I added the Extender and having it on the network as a Wi-Fi device, the Archer CR700 hasn't gone offline as much. When it does go off the internet, I log into the network via the DLink Extender and it forces the CR700 to make a connection because the Extender itself is searching for the connection. The DLink has been somewhat of a stress saver today. If it would not have been for the DLink, I'd probably still be seeing red wheels spinning!

The CR700 still will not recognize the Obihai 200 VOIP device even when it is connected directly into the CR700; however, when I connect the Obi200 into the Extender via Ethernet cable, the Extender immediately shows the IP and MAC address of the Obi. Unfortunately, the CR700 is still preventing the obi200 from connecting to the Obi servers.

I spent a half hour on the phone with Obi Tech Support, who called me. Unlike TP-Link, who pretending to hang up so I would disconnect the call before the rep was even finished helping me. What a C**t!

The Obi Techs were able to see that my VOIP device was attempting to connect but whenever it would reach for the signal, the CR700 would cut the connection to their servers. I am going to take the advice of the Obi Techs and send the CR700 back to the merchant, which is HSN even though I am far outside of their return policy. HSN has granted an exception to take the CR700 back as a defective return even though it was purchased in March, in had only opened the plastic wrap the night before last. So it is technically BRAND NEW & DEFECTIVE. Of course, I had to explain to them about the trouble and by telling them that it was coming back certified mail for a signature and if they refused to accept it, I would file a dispute with Comenity Bank, issuer of their credit card, about trying to resolve a defective item return and was denied. I simply asked if they wanted to incur a chargeback fee from the Bank for having the dispute and end up having to take it back it anyway? They saw my point, apologized, and informed me that they would be speaking to their TP-Link sales representative about the large number of defective CR700 units. Yes, I told them that all of you other folks were having the same problem because of your posts. They will issue me a full credit including shipping and taxes as soon as the barcode is scanned by the USPS for accepting it for shipping.

The Obi Techs recommended that I purchase the ASUS Dual Band Wireless AC1900 (RT-AC68U) for $159.99 on Amazon with free two day shipping. The Obi Techs said that a lot of their customers were raving about easy, smooth and fast that the ASUS would run online with no connectivity problems whatsoever. I am not a huge ASUS fan since my new Zoom fried as soon as I plugged it into the USB port in a Hertz Rental Car on my first day of a 10 day vacation in Florida back in June. The ASUS router can not possibly be worse than the CR700.
Options
2017-07-28 18:49:45
I talked a TP-LINK rep, and she was very nice, maybe the one you talked to is "new" there. Did you send an email to support.usa@tp-link.com? I got reply from them every time.
I think for complex problems, it's better to solve it via email other than a phone call, there are little things we can do on the phone, with email, they will check problems with senior engineer.
Options
2017-08-31 09:25:40
I'm having the same problem with my Archer CR700. The 5GHz connection is solid but the 2.4GHz connection drops frequently. A reset or power cycle brings it back but not for long. I experience the problem on all devices: smartphones, tablets, computers, etc.
Options
2017-09-01 17:13:21

Garyvand wrote

I'm having the same problem with my Archer CR700. The 5GHz connection is solid but the 2.4GHz connection drops frequently. A reset or power cycle brings it back but not for long. I experience the problem on all devices: smartphones, tablets, computers, etc.

Do you change the wireless settings such as channel? And how many devices connect to 2.4G at the same time. Try reduce the number of the clients.
Options
2018-06-16 12:47:14

Anton L.Z. wrote

Your 2.4GHz and 5GHz have the same SSID and password, then how do you know which one stops working? It's better to setup different names to make sure which one has a problem.
For 2.4GHz, you can change the Channel to 1/6/11, Width to 20MHz, that may make the connection stable.:)

I have the same problem.
Thank you. I have overcome my problem
Options
2018-08-12 16:14:52
I was also facing the same issue then i just unplugged all the connected ports from the device and reconnect them all. It worked for me.
Options
2018-09-30 09:15:04
Same issue here. Firmware v1.1.0, Comcast service provider.
Options
Re:Re:Archer CR700 / AC1750 WIFI Stops working
2019-08-20 23:25:15

Hello phodogo,

I read your post solution in regard to the Archer CR700 which is dropping devices.

Can you give me detailed instructions on how to setup different names and pass words for the 2.4 and 5 Ghz channels?

Also how does a person delete unwanted or no longer using devices which show up on the list of devices?

Thanks in advance for your time.

grouchy goat

Options
2020-04-11 00:05:02
I'm responding with the same issues. How do I know which stopped working, the 5 or the 2.4? The 2.4 stops while the 5 keeps working and here's how I know. Every time this happens: My phone can connect to the 5 but not the 2.4. In my phone, I'm choosing which to connect to, and it can't connect to the 2.4. It sees it, but fails to connect. My TV connects to the 5. It's still fine. But My doorbell uses the 2.4 and is offline. My smart devices use the 2.4 and all are offline. I connect to the router as admin and restart it, then Everything comes back online. I've tried different channels, and tried Auto. None of these are stable. Every couple of days the 2.4 just randomly stops working. This is clearly a problem with the Archer as so many give the same complaint. Can we please just get a fix?
Options