Can't access some LAN devices after setting up Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-14 04:02:50
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

OK, first, I am functionally literate in WLAN/LAN setup and usage, but far from an expert.

With that said, prior to installing the Deco units, my cable modem was connected to my Netgear router. I then ran another Ethernet cable from one of the four router ports to a 16 port network switch. My wired devices were then connected to the switch.

When setting up the Deco, I disconnected from the Netgear router and connected the same Ethernet cable to the Deco. I then connected the other Deco port to the same Ethernet cable running to the switch. Easy enough. However, now two of my wired devices are not connecting to the LAN. One is a Tivo box, one is a Windows based server. Several other devices, including printers and VoiP, are connecting just fine. Any ideas on this? Something I'm doing wrong perhaps?

From reading other threads it would seem that I could turn off WiFi on my old router and connect the Deco through that, but that seems pretty clunky and I'd rather not do that.

Thanks in advance.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't access some LAN devices after setting up Deco
2017-06-14 23:39:28
To get things to work for me, ethernet cable from dsl modem goes to Deco M5. A second cable from the Deco M5 goes to switch and then out to all the other devices.
Options
2017-06-15 09:33:13

dntcoc wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

OK, first, I am functionally literate in WLAN/LAN setup and usage, but far from an expert.

With that said, prior to installing the Deco units, my cable modem was connected to my Netgear router. I then ran another Ethernet cable from one of the four router ports to a 16 port network switch. My wired devices were then connected to the switch.

When setting up the Deco, I disconnected from the Netgear router and connected the same Ethernet cable to the Deco. I then connected the other Deco port to the same Ethernet cable running to the switch. Easy enough. However, now two of my wired devices are not connecting to the LAN. One is a Tivo box, one is a Windows based server. Several other devices, including printers and VoiP, are connecting just fine. Any ideas on this? Something I'm doing wrong perhaps?

From reading other threads it would seem that I could turn off WiFi on my old router and connect the Deco through that, but that seems pretty clunky and I'd rather not do that.

Thanks in advance.

Could you provide a picture of your network setup? I don't know how exactly you connect your Deco units to the existing network.
But it should be Internet ---- modem ----- Deco M5 ----- switch ------ other Deco units ----- clients
Options
2017-07-09 05:35:17
For info I experienced something similar and found out that upon restarting the units that could not connect after replacing my Asus router with my Deco unit they connected and now work fine.
That includes for example a smart home controller and a NAS.
Just something you could try perhaps...
Options