Can't access web GUI after setting C5400 as AP (access point). Now showing up in the device list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't access web GUI after setting C5400 as AP (access point). Now showing up in the device list

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-08-05 03:59:48
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I have set my Archer C5400 as access point (AP mode). I can NEVER access the web GUI anymore. Nor can I find it in my main router's attached device list either so I can't find out what IP it's been assigned to. I did manually reserve a static IP for it but I can't login to the web GUI through that IP either. Anyone had similar experience?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Can't access web GUI after setting C5400 as AP (access point). Now showing up in the device list
2019-08-05 18:20:54

@c5400_bug2 

Get rid of the static reservation. Do a factory default on the router. When the router comes back up see if it shows in your main routers DHCP list. If it does, try to log into the device just to make sure it works. Now, change the operating mode to AP mode. When the router reboots look at the DHCP list on the main router to see if it is there, and then try to log into the TP-Link router.

Options
Re:Re:Can't access web GUI after setting C5400 as AP (access point). Now showing up in the device list
2019-08-05 18:38:39

Tony wrote

@c5400_bug2 

Get rid of the static reservation. Do a factory default on the router. When the router comes back up see if it shows in your main routers DHCP list. If it does, try to log into the device just to make sure it works. Now, change the operating mode to AP mode. When the router reboots look at the DHCP list on the main router to see if it is there, and then try to log into the TP-Link router.

Thanks but I would rather not to go back to factory rest and start all over. This router has been the worst I ever have to deal with.

BTW, is the warranty on this router 2 years?

Options
Re:Can't access web GUI after setting C5400 as AP (access point). Now showing up in the device list
2019-08-05 19:29:02

@c5400_bug2 

Thanks for the feedback.

Warranty is two years from the date of purchase.

Options
2020-02-28 16:14:45

@c5400_bug2 seriously, so frustrating! Any update on this?!

Options
2020-03-05 18:30:05 - last edited 2020-03-05 18:30:47

@cab1983 

I just purchased the AX1500 to setup as an access point. Went thru setting a static IP, disabling DHCP, and configuring WiFi settings. I them changed operation mode to AP and once the router rebooted, could not access the GUI. Had to factory reset the device but this time, when the initial webpage came up, I setup my wifi settings and went straight to operation mode to change it to AP mode. Once it rebooted, I was able to access the GUI. I them proceeded to change the IP of the router and disabled DHCP. Was able to finally add it to my network and have not had any issues accessing the GUI.

Options