Delete device from Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-23 08:33:24
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have an HS100 plug that is not working, and I would like to delete it from my Kasa (Android) app. How to I do that? The rest of my 16 HS100, HS105 and HS200 devices are all working fine.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Delete device from Kasa app
2017-06-26 16:03:05
Hi, a Delete button will appear after you press the device a little long time on the Kasa.
Options
Doesn't stay deleted
2017-12-19 18:58:19
Yes, you can delete it that way and it just shows back up in your list the next time you open the app. AND, I am not using it. It is unplugged, was put back in the box and mailed off to my sister. I simply tried it out to make sure it would work before I mailed it to her. Then I hit the reset button AND deleted it from my app, but it keeps coming back!!! It's frustrating as heck because I want to use the name for another one of my plugs, but if I do, alexa and siri keep telling me i have 2 devices with that name and to go rename them, and I look, and sure enough, the damn thing is back in my list again.
Options
2017-12-20 11:17:44
What's the firmware version of this plug which can't be deleted? I heard that old firmware has a bug which unable to unbind kasa account through reset.
Options
2018-01-06 10:34:45
This is a definite bug in KASA services. You'll see this all over the net people asking about Google Home and Amazon Alexa - when it's really Tp-link/kasa issue and them not wanting to fix it.
Luckily I had my old device still around so I had to power it on before the app would let me edit it. Then I gave it a new name - unused switch. This was the only way to get it out of the way of everything else.
Very bad on you TP-LINK/Kasa. This is all their cloud service needing a LOT of work!
Options